View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #36
sabotai
General Manager

So, where do I even begin to try to fix this team....I have a penny-pincher, 84 year old owner. I don't have much money to do anything with.

Arbitration
C Matt Wieters - He's been an above average hitter for me, and he's a great catcher, but he's going to cost close to $10 million, at least. I have a catcher in Brian Ward who is ready to step in and he's a better hitter.

1B Daric Barton - Worked out much better than I expected and performed well. He's going to cost ~$7.5 million. I can't keep Wieters and Barton. They have the same batting average, Barton gets on base more, has a slightly better slugging, and is going to cost less. I keep Barton and let Wieters go.

SP Zach Britton and SP Brian Matusz - I let both go and am very happy too. Matusz was a major disappointment.

MR Kyle McClellan - another disappointment. Wanted to give him another shot, but at $3mil or more, he's not worth it.

MR Fernando Salas - Gets a $800,000 offer.

MR Johnny Venters - was great for us and gets a $3 mill offer

LF Matt LaPorta - Disappointment. I don't even want him for the ~$800,000 he would cost.

RF Jason Bourgeois - He's a solid hitter, can play any outfield position and can steal. Gets a $3.4 million offer.

1B Joe Mahoney....no, no arbitration yet. He's still on $480,000 a year but the day will come soon that I will need to pay him a truckload of money, or trade him....

Trades
I trade RF Adam Jones (too expensive and underperformed) and SP Wynn Pelzer (27 year old minor leaguer who is not improving) to the Texas Rangers for 24 year old SP Barret Loux and 25 year old MR Ovispo De Los Santos. Both may need 1-2 years in the minors, although Loux will probably get a shot at starting next year. (That's his expectation)

I trade C Matt Wieders and CF Jai Miller to the Tampa Bay Rays for 32 year old RF Ben Zobrist and 23 year old prospect SP Parker Markel. Doesn't save me a lot of money, but I it gets me a decent hitting outfielder....finally.

I trade LF Bobby Stevens to the Tampa Bay Rays for 27 year old MR Daniel Schlereth.

I trade C Austin Barnes and SP Brian Matusz to the San Diego Padres for MR Anthony Bass and 23 year old prospect LF Jaff Decker.

I trade MR Kyle McClellan and prospect CF Trent Mummy (who doesn't look like he's panning out) to the SF Giants for 29 year old RF Gregor Blanco and 20 year old prospect SS Ignacio Reyes.

I trade SP Zach Britton to the Pittsburgh Pirates for 26 year old SS Chase d'Arnaud.

I trade LF Matt LaPorta and 22 year old prospect SP Parker Bridwell (doesn't look like much) to the Detroit Tigers for 28 year old MR Vinnie Pestrano and 22 year old prospect SS Eugenio Suarez.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote