View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #535
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
this is over the top. is it bad? no. you're looking too deep into this.

the MLB roster is made by a 3rd party. the roster set has nothing to do with OOTP9. you think i'm going to cry cuz Johan Santana finished 15-12 last season for me and went 3-3 in the playoffs? no. it could easily happen (i think he actually only won 15 games last year).
It might be made by a 3rd party, but it was advertised as part of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
i see nothing that jumps out at me. nothing. "bad" to me is everytime i click on a certain button - the game crashes. that's bad. or everytime i sim the All-Star game the game freezes. that's bad. i don't know what you're looking for, but you must be actively looking for it. i don't understand all the fuss, but for those on the fence and plan on being a casual gamer then this game is great and is clearly the best baseball text sim, hands down.
The set is half assed. You can read through the huge threads that were started the night the game came out to see the problems. They would still be going, but the folks on the board decided to lock them and not allow anymore threads on the topic (interesting to say the least).

From high prospects being way too good to other prospects having no ratings at all, the set comes across rushed. There were other errors with retired players that were actually active showing up. Guys out of position and a huge lack of effort with prospects. You can dig up the threads on the board and see what a lot of others had to say. That thread would probably have been 5 times the length if it hadn't been ceremoniously locked for no reason.

As for what I want, something that plays out more realistic than 6.5. That still has yet to happen. Sure there are a zillion new stats and the ability to build feeder leagues in Nairobi, but the development and roster management is still flawed. I'm not saying it's a bad game, I'm not saying not to get it. It is a huge step forward in my opinion. But if this game was as great as you have been saying, people would actually be buying it.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote