View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 10:23 PM   #5
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Following along. I've never heard about Pack up + Go. I'm really interested. Does this sound like they create trips for mainly adult travelers? Anything about trips for families with, say an 8-10 yo in tow?

My vote is somewhere in the PNW. I'd say Seattle or Portland.

Yes, families can take them. From their FAQ:

Quote:
I have kids. Can they come, too?
Yes! We love planning trips for families. If your children have any specific interests (or any strong dislikes!) please be sure to mention them when you're filling out the survey. We'll make sure to include plenty of family-friendly and age-appropriate recommendations so everyone will have a great time. We may also reach out to you directly when planning your trip to gather some additional information.

Quote:
It's never that sunny in Seattle

I'll go Portland, Oregon and Portland, Maine as my two choices (though the museum thing doesn't really track for either.)

Yeah I thought maybe June would bring some sunshine to Seattle - hence why I tossed it in as one of my own personal votes. We'll see, though!

Today is Mom's first birthday without her on this Earth. She would have been 69.
Spoiler
(Spoiler contains spiritual/religious content that some folks probably don't want to read, so I've spoilered it for those folks)

In Pack Up + Go news, the package arrived today!

My postal carrier handled it roughly, sadly to say. Cue Facebook friends all OMG how can you have the self control to wait until Saturday?! I'd open it right away. And I'm just like... that'd spoil the surprise and ruin the whole point of it all.

Still, I recognized temptation might get me in a weak moment, so I addressed the situation:

I figured using a photo album and my much-loved and read copy of The Gambler was appropriate cover for this situation

Between more Facebook votes and the ones here, there's been a massive change again.

San Francisco 9
Seattle 7
Portland (OR) 6
New York 3
Denver 2
Washington DC 2
Boston 1
Portland (ME) 1
Couer d'Alene 1

San Fran is still tops, but it couldn't gain any more ground. Portland (the Oregon one) leaped out of nowhere to charge to a close third, turning this into a three city race. People who didn't read the damn email portion added DC, while New York continues to get some traction from the people who didn't read that New York isn't one of the places PU+G sends folks to.

I remain baffled that Boston hasn't gotten more traction. Not necessarily contending with the top 3, but in the running.

Not long to go now. Despite some people thinking the days will drag by, I think they'll go by pretty quickly. I'm still nervous my replacement instructors permit hasn't arrived yet, and it's cutting it close to the deadline. It was in a wallet along with like $30 that got accidentally donated in a backpack while we were cleaning my parents' house out a couple weeks ago.

That just means a more lengthy screening process, but the less hassle the better obviously.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Last edited by Izulde : 06-10-2019 at 10:24 PM.
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote