View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 11:38 PM   #161
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Interesting that, according to one spoiler site at least, that the crowd was really hating on Lesnar during the introductions.

Kind of says to me that it was a standard UFC crowd (wrestling celebs at ringside not withstanding) and that he didn't put non-traditional butts in seats tonight. Considering that he was reportedly the highest paid fighter on the card ($250k base plus $200k bonus for a win) that seems like bad news for Dana White.

I don't think he was booed badly and when Stone Cold was shown in the audience he received one of the biggest pops of anyone fighter or celebrity. I don't think they were hating much.

They boo'ed Lesnar after his match though, but that goes for anyone.

On more important subject though..man did I enjoy that main event. I love Big Nog, nobody can make a career off getting pummeled and winning quite like that guy. I'm constantly amazed by his slickness on the ground as well. I'm glad to see him on top again, he deserves it. I'm not sure who they set him up to fight next though. I guess Kongo probably gets a shot if he wins against Herring, but does Mir get a shot already? Not sure what they do.

Decent card overall. No real snoozer fights.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote