View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 06:29 PM   #54
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We are offered a 1st for QB Griffith. Hmm.

So am I willing to send my backup QB Griffith, who’s solid, to the Bucs for what will likely be a later 1st?

Griffith – There are 17 QBs with a 60+ pot rating in the league. 5 are 51+, and 4 are 50 precisely, so Griffith is around the 23-28th best QB based on how you rate those in their 50s.

In any challenge that is draft-only, getting an extra first rounder without violating any of my rules (only takes offers that come my way), feels pretty nifty and keen. Is it something I want to do? My hesitation comes from one simple thing. What happens if Himes is injured this season. He’s been durable so far and hasn’t even been probable once. But this dynasty is one Himes injury away from falling back a 5-11 abyss, and who would I lean on? UFA QB Howard Rose?

On the other hand, Griffith is likely to never be worth a 1st. Here is a team, the Bucs, who’s best QB is Jimmy G, in the low 40s. So they are willing to make a move for a QB right now. Can I afford to pass? Take a first round off the table for one of my current conference rivals?

And frankly, this is the only year this matters. I can easily take a QB in the draft next year and make it a priority.

I take the offer from the Bucs.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote