View Single Post
Old 04-11-2004, 10:15 PM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Round 2

Found out that the caches that we couldn't find on Saturday had been moved a few times, according to logs of past geocachers. There could be a very good chance that the cache is not anywhere near where we were looking, or taken all-together.

It's a rainy Easter day but I wanted to get a cache in. We decided to do a virtual cache. That is one where you find something like a statue or building or some other oddity. To log the cache, you just answer questions about it. We chose a local Padre Pio statue, it's on our way to her fatehrs, who we were going out for Easter dinner with.

We stopped and my wife went over and got the information we needed to log the cache. It was an easy cache to log. This was her first, and the idea was just to get her into it a little with something easy at first.

On the way back from dinner, it was no longer raining and I had the coordinates of one a couple miles from our house. It is off a bike path. We deccided to stop and went out there with the kids. I found the general area and began looking off teh path. There was too much litter, which kept looking like it could be a cache until getting closer to it. Add the rain that made everything reflective and the fact that we were quickly losing daylight and we ended up comnig up empty handed.

The good part was that my wife truly seemed to be enjoying looking for it, and liked the added exercize (after havnig a baby a couple months ago, she is eagerly looking for enjoyable exercize). Our 3 year old loved the walk as well and I will be picking up trinkets to exchange so that when she is with me, she will be able to exchange it for something (she should love that).

When I arrived home, I checked out the site and erally felt like a failure as the site that I couldn't find was found 4 times over the past 3 days. I will go back out there next week, durnig the middle of the day for best daylight. I have to find that thing now, it's just eating at me.

I am truly surprised by my reaction to this hobby now as I went from joking about it to actually doing it, and enjoying it. I have jury duty this week and have printed out a few cachesin that ares to see if I can find any either durnig lunch or after being let out for the day. I guess we'll see what tommorrow will bring.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote