View Single Post
Old 04-12-2004, 04:37 PM   #4
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Lousy Weather and Jury Duty

Having jury duty today, I figured it would be a good day to attempt to get a couple virtual cashes in AC (as that is where my jury duty was, plus I work there). I hoped that jury duty would mean an early day.

We did get let out early and I headed towards the first of the caches. It's a monument to stupidity (IMHO). A 'boardwalk and lighthouse' in a park a couple blocks from the beach at the foot of the expressway entrance. Why waste the money on this when the real boardwalk is just 2 blocks away, and when this area is not in a place where any tourists will ever really come to.

Anyway, I'll step off my soap box. It was an easy find and I had to count the stairs that are inside. This was not easy with my eye problems and with them spiraling up to the top. I had what I thought was the number and wrote it down. The weather was getting worse as it was rainy, cold and windy. I headed on to the next cache from here.

The next cache was called "Supermen" and I beleieved iot to be the Korean War Memorial. I walked up to the boardwalk and followed it right to the coordinates, which was the memorial. It required gettnig the last name of the first and last person on the wall that honored those who fought and lost their lives in the war. I was a nice place to see as I had never actually walked around in it before. It had a little extra meaning for me as my father had served in that war.

At this point it was feeling quite cold and damp and the final virtual that I had planned on going to was a mile away. On a good day, I would do the walk but not today. I settled witht hose two and thought I might try a couple regular caches later if it clears up.

I logged the two and now have decided not to venture back out, though I really want to find the one by the bike path that I couldn't find last night. It's just getting too crappy to be walking around in the woods.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote