View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 11:58 AM   #427
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
TBH without knowing a whole lot of their history is Clemson really a traditional power? A quick look shows some good years in the 80s and their obvious recent run, but other than that a decidedly average program.

When I think tradition I think Bama, tOSU, USC, UT, Oklahoma, maybe a few others. Clemson doesn't really come to mind.

Clemson is a fringe power program, imho.
They were good very early on in the Heisman and Riggs days. I mean there are several undefeated seasons in the 40s and 50s we could claim a national title if we had a newspaper a la Tuscaloosa.

They really got hot during the Ford years. If they dont fire Ford 89 is probably a National title year..then they fell into the split agenda trap. There were people on campus from 1990-2006 who didnt want football to be successful. Then of course the last decade has been pretty good.

Top 5 program TODAY and in the last 5 years. And in position for that to continue over the next 5. Beyond that...who knows.

But historical, all time.

Even though biased. If I try to analyze it objectively I see somewhere around 17-25 all time.

I can make a case and argue higher....but again being objective I think thats where we are today, and climbing.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote