View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
Lorena
Unregistered

Week 1 Day 3 (31 minute workout)

Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. Five-minute cooldown walk.

My pedometer didn't register the distance for some reason, but it did the time:

I cheated myself for 30 seconds trying to figure out how to make my playlist not loop on the same song. I ended up getting my Pantera playlist to play, but somehow I messed up on the Nike+. Anthony's also doing this with me and his app doesn't seem to have a problem. He showed me what he did and I'm gonna try it on Friday and see if it works.

I had a great workout though. Even though the first 30 seconds of my brisk walk was spent trying to figure things out, I can feel my endurance getting better and noticed that my body was tense while running. Don't understand why I tensed up, but after I relaxed, the running part felt much much easier. At the halfway mark, I was ahead a considerable amount from the past 2 workouts and when I finished, I was ahead about 1/8 of a mile and that's including the 30 seconds in the beginning which has me completely stoked, I didn't think my distance would improve in just 3 workouts.

Oh and one other thing, the 2.79 miles I supposedly ran on Monday might be off; I drove around the route I ran and it was only 2 miles. Hmmm... 0.79 miles is quite a bit and at first I was discouraged, but had to convince myself that I've made improvement from the first workout and it will only get better.

Last edited by Lorena : 09-30-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote