View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 08:05 PM   #7
Izulde
Head Coach

Key match against Billericay next. We both have 7 points, and 4 points is drop candidate, so I talk a little smack at my staff's urging. We're also 19th right now, one spot above the drop.

vs Billericay (15th)
GK Jack Turner
DL Nathan Beckett
DC Matt Drage
DC Sam Page
DR Lewis Ferrell
DMC Scott Taylor
ML Reece Hall
MR David Wheeler
AMC Troy Ferguson
ST Luis Cumbers
ST Mario Quiassaca

7' - A little bit better header and we'd have allowed a goal. Not a great start, guys. We need this one.

12' - There we go! Free kick from Turner to Quiassaca and bam! Half-volley for the lead! 1-0

14' - Wheeler to Cumbers, but the header's angled short.

17' - Terrible giveaway by Ferguson and some nice passing around sets them up for an easy goal. 1-1

42' - Billericay has been passing beautifully but can't get on target. Meanwhile we've been taking long shots, but not this time, as Wheeler heads it up to Ferguson, who answers for his prior giveaway with a nice short pass to Cumbers who actually dribbles closer before taking his shot, rifling it home. 2-1

It's Young in for Hall at the half.

46' - Taylor to Quiassaca to Cumbers... who somehow missed the goal and I thought sure it was in. Damn damn damn.

51' - Fuck. Turner, who has had an amazing game to this point, own goals. 2-2

61' - I singled him out as a great player in the prematch presser, but Ferrell has been playing like ass, so I pull him for Smart.

70' - Young loses the ball, but Beckett's right there to get it and make a lovely cross to Quiassaca who knocks it in for his second goal and the lead! 3-2

74' - Brilliant clear-out by Beckett, who has been amazing these last few minutes, and an equalizing goal is disallowed due to obvious offsides.

91' - Heart's in the mouth as they keep swarming, and a header comes up... but thankfully is off to the side.

Whew. 3 points we very, very much needed.

Key players
Mario Quiassaca - 8.8 (MoM)
Jack Turner - 7.9
Sam Page - 7.5
Luis Cumbers - 7.3

Jack Turner becomes our first player named to the Blue Square South XI Team of the Week.

We're also sitting 15th in the league following that win.

FA Cup - vs Sutton United
GK Jack Turner
DL Nathan Beckett
DC Matt Drage
DC Sam Page
DR Lewis Ferrell
DMC Scott Taylor
ML Reece Hall
MR David Wheeler
AMC Troy Ferguson
ST Luis Cumbers
ST Mario Quiassaca

This is a winnable game against one of our conference foes, and we've a week before our next league match (albeit a short turnaround time), so I want to start building continuity and go with the same exact lineup as last game - a first for this year, I think.

7' - Ugh. Complete fluke pass by them somehow goes in. 0-1

14' - Yellow for Ferrell. Wheeler's gimped, too.

23' - And there's the great pass and the fucking giant leaping header by a guy who looks like he's 90 feet tall. UUUUUGGGGHHHH!! 0-2

26' - Fucking refs disallow a free kick goal because Cumbers allegedly pushed somebody. Screw that.

36' - A wasted opportunity for Sutton, my ass.

44' - Cumbers just misses a redeeming goal. Story of the game.

In which everyone stunk up the joint the first half. I tell them off, and Quiassca gets butthurt about it, so I bench him for Perry Law.

50' - Weird sequence where we keep going back back back before going forward, but our attack nets nothing.

54' - Young on for Hall.

72' - The fans start leaving, sick of Law and his wildly inaccurate long-range shots.

87' - In which there have been yellows for Wheeler and Young and after which there's been a crazy sequence of missed shot after missed shot, but finally Ferguson pokes through the crowd to get one home. Surely no more than consolation, though. 1-2

89 - You sure we're playing at home? Penalty award to Sutton and they of course there because Turner stands there like a fucking dumbass. 1-3

Great. I tell Ferguson individually he did a lot better that second half and he switches off. Quiassaca also Eeyores on me when I rip the team for their overall shoddy showing. Turner, Beckett, and Young are also pissed off at me for reaming the team a new one.

Shut up, whiny kids. Just shut the hell up.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote