View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #10
Izulde
Head Coach

There's a really great looking 21 year old Congolese AMC who we spend all our money on, but he's being held up by work permit issues.

Eastleigh (3rd)
GK Jack Turner
DL Jordaan Brown
DC Jerel Ifil
DC Sam Page
DR Lewis Ferrell
DMC Will Bor
ML Wayne Young
MR David Wheeler
AMC Troy Ferguson
ST Luis Cumbers
ST Tony Garrod

This is what my staff swears is the best lineup we can possibly put together, with the exception of DMC, where I prefer Scott Taylor's versatility off the bench, even though it isn't the best by the average ratings. We'll give it a go, though, and see what comes of it. Nice to see Garrod back at any rate.

8' - Young completely shanks a shot.

11' - Not sure how Eastleigh flubbed that one. Should've been a goal indeed.

16' - Cumbers is hurt, so it's Quiassaca on.

18' - Sloppy pass by Farrell leads to an interception by them and it's within a fraction of a centimeter away from going in. We've been lucky thus far.

28' - Hmm. Young didn't look offside to me, but he shanked it anyway. What is it with all my 16 year olds that can't shoot the damn ball?

b]30'[/b] - Boot from Turner to Garrod and so.damn.close. I really thought that was going in.

36' - Yellow for Quiassaca

46' - Yellow for Ferrell. :eyeroll:

Considering how massively favored the hosting Eastleigh is, fighting to a draw at the half is just fine by me. Jerel Ifil is winded, and playing like crap besides, so it's Drage on for him. Rest of the team is playing pretty well.

48' - Their defense has been doing a sensational job of throwing bodies in front of our shots.

51' - Brown's done, so it's Worsfold in.

65' - Sure wish they would take shots closer. Garrod's rebound could have netted us a lead if someone was there.

70' - Great defensive work to keep the sheet clean.

82' - GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLL!!!!!!!!!! Goal Goal Goal!!! reads the commentary! OMG. Worsfold makes a gorgeous pass for Garrod, who actually is inside and beats out the defense to kick it in!!!!! 1-0

86' - Fletcher to Quiassca, but Young isn't quite quick enough to drill in the easy rebound. Damn. Want that insurance goal.

OMG OMG BIGGEST UPSET EVER!!! TAKING DOWN THE #3 TEAM ON THE ROAD!!!

Ratings over 7
7.5 - Sam Page (Man of the Match), Tony Garrod
Everyone except Ifil netted a 6.8 or better.

Also, Jamie Day of Welling came to see how Luis Cumbers was doing. Too bad his loaned out player didn't see much field time.

Crappy quality on the video, I know, but I don't know how to make it better.

Anyway, we're now 14th in the table, and our next match is against... you guessed it, AFC Hornchurch and its smack-talking manager, Jimmy McFarlane.

The Congolese AMC's work permit application was turned down, but we're going to appeal that, aaand we get turned down. Damn it.

AFC Hornchurch
GK Jack Turner
DL Nathan Beckett
DC Nathan Drage
DC Sam Page
DR Lewis Ferrell
DMC Will Bor
ML Max Worsfold
MR David Wheeler
AMC Troy Ferguson
ST Luis Cumbers
ST Mario Quiassaca

0' - "Let's get this relegation six-pointer underway." Nice. Even nicer? The Hornchurch player kicks it out to goal kick touch and makes no attempt to even try and aim at the goal.

5' - Ferrell takes out a player, gets it up to Wheeler who splits a pass between two defenders to Quiassaca, but nothing happens of it.

17' - A lot of back and forth around the pitch, but despite two corners, Hornchurch can't do anything.

22' - Woo! We get a PK awarded even though Hornchurch wigs out!!! For some reason, Ferrell takes the penalty even though I quickset it to Quiassaca after looking at the ratings. Doesn't matter, though, because he brings home the bacon! 1-0

32' - Thought we had the insurance on a header off a corner, but their keeper does great to snag it out of the air.

36' - ...Damn it. Long-range goal. We seem to be giving up a lot of those lately. 1-1

Ferguson and Bor are doing terrible, but I have no one who can replace the former, so it's Taylor on for Bor. Smart comes on for Wheeler, who's playing with a knock and looking a little winded.

51' - A lot of ping-pong right now.

72' - I'm going to be pissed if we walk out of here with nothing. 1-2

88' - God damn it! Shot after shot so close so close and the one I thought sure was going in but no, it had to rebound and whoever shot it couldn't get the fuck up to just poke the bastard ball in!

It's another Man of the Match for Sam Page with a 7.7 and Nathan Beckett netted a 7, but everyone else? Fucking horrendous.

We also lose David Wheeler for close to two weeks.

Still 16th, but that was a devastating loss, as our -12 goal differential means we have to get points, points, points to avoid the drop. Worse yet, everyone behind us has a game in hand.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote