View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 09:49 PM   #21
Izulde
Head Coach

So, funny story... one of the recording programs I tried I thought wasn't working. Came home today to a full hard drive and insert panic mode. Turns out it'd been on the whole time, recorded nearly 14 hours of video, and ate my hard drive.

Saddest part? The quality was 10000000x better than FRAPS, and I paid $37 for FRAPS' stuttering self. Kind of pisses me off to be honest, but lesson learned, I suppose.

So, three games left. Mathematically, everyone from 14th-21st could go up or down, with Hinckley already out as previously noted. Next game should narrow the field more though.

Charlie Hunter wants the loan terminated because he hasn't been getting enough games. WELL, NO SHIT, KID! YOU'RE AT UNIVERSITY. HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO PLAY WHEN YOU'RE UNAVAILABLE FOR EVERY GAME?!

Needless to say, we terminate it and good riddance.

Solihull Moors
GK Max Crocombe (Signed)
DL Eddie Nisevic
DC Steveland Angus
DC Michael Corcoran
DR Izak Reid
ML Aaron Brown (Signed)
DM Eddie Odhiambo
DM Michael Corcoran
MR Anthony Edgar (Loan)
ST Gary Mulligan
ST Dan Walker (Loan)

Every game counts. I may have accidentally had the wrong lineup listed last game by the way. Corcoran played DMC then too.

6' - Fabulous 35 yard ball from Reid to Walker, who heads it in and finally gets his first goal for us. 1-0

9' - Penalty called on Nisevic. Rightfully deserved, to be frank. 1-1

26' - ....What the hell, Reid?! Colossally stupid header back towards the goal allows them to snipe right in. 1-2

32' - Our backline is just terrible today. Mistake after mistake after mistake and it's directly led to all three goals scored. 1-3 That one's on Sharpe.

45 - Don't know how that missed, but it did.

Edgar doesn't give a shit when I firmly but not screamingly tell them to get their head out of their asses, so he's benched for Barney. Wish I could do the same for Sharpe, but I'll settle for telling him personally to snap out of it by telling him I have faith in him to do better than that. He's normally one of my most reliable guys. He responds to that.

63' - Just as I'm about to bench him for crappy play, Mulligan intercepts a corner's clearance at the semi-circle and fires the hell out of it past the hopeless goalie to give us a spot of hope. 2-3

85' - Barney shows off his pacey stuff and gets it to Mulligan who tips it up to Walker.... but the Hatter loan's header is weaksauce like a white belt's first try at a kata.

86' - Aaaand there's the clincher. 2-4

5.8 for Max Crocombe and 5.7 for Eddie Nisevic. I'm not going to thrash either one for it, though. Honestly, it's the first bad game Crocombe's had in goal, and he's young, so I don't want to crush his confidence.

...And everyone but Dan Walker ignores me. Great.

Workington is officially relegated and everyone above our 17th place is safe. That means...

Relegation Candidates
Brackley - 47 points (-9 GD)
Vauxhall - 44 points
Corby - 44 points
Chester - 42 points (-13 GD)

Win one of the remaining two games, and we're safe. Tie and we're 98% safe. Lose both, and we may have issues. It's really that simple, and it's why that win over Corby two games ago looms so damn large right now. Otherwise we'd be where they are and they'd be where we are.

We try to get Dan Walker signed to us permanently, but we're way far apart on the money, so it's a no go.

Worcester (4th)
GK Max Crocombe (Signed)
DL Eddie Nisevic
DC Steveland Angus
DC Michael Corcoran
DR Izak Reid
ML Aaron Brown (Signed)
DM Eddie Odhiambo
DM Michael Corcoran
MR Anthony Edgar (Loan)
ST Gary Mulligan
ST Dan Walker (Loan)

This won't be the game to get any points. Not sure why Wickham isn't eligible yet. But we're at home and Ian Gay says to tell them to do it for their fans! ...Okay.

6' - Yeah that's on Crocombe. Terrible positioning. 0-1

13' - Exceptional end run by Edgar, who kicks it back to Reid before getting it back and heading it to Walker, who nods it up to Mulligan for the authoritative slam home. 1-1

17' - I'm really warming up to Mulligan despite my initial skepticism. He's shown great drive the last few games and he does it again, pouncing on the keeper's inability to hang on to the ball to push it in. We've got the lead for the first time this game. 2-1

21' - Mulligan circles around the half-circle to kick it to Brown, who plays an absolutely exquisite ball that just keeps Walker onside for the easy lay-in. Sensational! 3-1

22' - This game sure isn't lacking for goals. Just a great hook shot by the likely playoff bound team. Quite pretty, actually. 3-2

What a thrilling first half. That's what it's all about right there - two teams fighting it out for points and position, neither one willing to give an inch. Barney gets the call in place of the tired Walker, because the kid's shown he has what it takes to step up in big moments like this.

55' - Man.... Mulligan gets nailed on the goal kick from Crocombe, but Odhiambo is there to pick it up and make a beautiful run in... only to shank the shot.

71' - Yellow for Corcoran, who's been playing kinda sucky today. Not as bad as Reid, who's sitting there with a 5.9, but still... all our replacement options are in the mid and attack, and there's no reason to sub those guys out.

86' - Let's secure staying up and drop the wall down.

87' - Corcoran must have heard me talking about him, because he delivers a textbook pass to Mulligan, who blows past everyone for the goal, the hat trick, and the guaranteed everything wonderful. 4-2

7+
Gary Mulligan - 9.6 (MoM)
Stevland Angus - 8.1
Michael Corcoran - 7.7
Aaron Brown - 7.5
Eddie Odhiambo - 7.4
Max Crowcombe - 7.3
Eddie Nisevic - 7.1

And with that, Brackley is officially in Blue Square North again next season! The media calls it a surprising win because Worcester has been hot lately, but I don't care. We'll take that one all day every day.

Gary Mulligan gets a nice little article about how he has 6 goals in the 12 games he's started. Needless to say he'll be named to the League Team of the Week.

You know it's a big win when 3 journalists show up to your press conference - Birminghammail.net, The Non-League Paper, and BBC Hereford & Worcester. Nice.

Meanwhile in non-safe land, Chester has 43 points, Corby 44, and Vauxhall 45 heading into the final game of the year. I actually kinda want Chester to stay up so I can kick their asses next season.

So we can't finish any worse than 17th, but with a win we can slide up to 15th provided both teams above us lose. Worth trying for the win, or no? Boston United could get up to 6th by beating us and having the teams above them lose, but they're a lock to finish no worse than 10th themselves (currently 9th)

Not sure what I'll do just yet.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote