DC Michael Corcoran
DR Izak Reid
ML Aaron Brown (Signed)
DM Eddie Odhiambo
DM Michael Corcoran
MR Anthony Edgar (Loan)
ST Gary Mulligan
ST Dan Walker (Loan)

We're going to dance with the guys who brought us, even though Ryan Austin is back. We'll keep him as a sub, though.

13' - Brown to Mulligan who dribbles before passing it to Walker for the shot. Nobody's fast enough on the rebound, and make mental note to have Work Ball in Box be a permanent shout. Think I said that already but it bears repeating.

18' - After trying and trying, Odhiambo *finally* gets a shot just outside the box to go in for his first goal with us! Beautiful Brown to Mulligan to Eddie chain is what set it up, though. 1-0

20' - Poor pass by Mulligan is intercepted and they nearly score the immediate answer... just wide, though.

Still that scoreline at half, and we're playing beautifully this game. Really nice to see.

47' - Walker runs down a loose ball and centers it for a waiting Mulligan for the easy tip-in insurance goal. 2-0

50' - Another great Brown to Mulligan pass... but Gary sits on the ball too long before taking his shot, so it's wasted.

54' - Austin for the superbly playing Angus, only because the latter's getting tired and I don't want to risk injury.

55' - Edgar to Walker to Mulligan... GOAL! 3-0

66' - Mulligan with a knock, so Barney takes over.

We get a few more shots at padding our lead further, but they just narrowly miss. Not complaining though. "What an exceptional half from Brackley," the announcer says at the conclusion of the game, and I couldn't agree more. What a fantastic way to end the season.

7+ Ratings
9.3 - Gary Mulligan (MoM)
8.9 - Dan Walker
8.0 - Eddie Odhiambo
7.7 - Eddie Nisevic
7.6 - Tom Sharpe
7.3 - Aaron Brown
7.1 - Izak Reid

Vauxhall is the team dumped, much to my glee.

Gary Mulligan is our top goalscorer of the year with 8 goals in just 13 games. He's been a big, big part of our stretch run success.

The fans are over the moon with that away win, as well they should be. We finish the year 17th after the media originally predicted the team to finish 10th. Yeah, I can see why the previous guy got sacked.

Haha! In the press conference, this comes up:

Dude has been trying repeatedly to get a goal and it's taken him this long to succeed in my tenure here, so yes, collector's item, and congrats to him!

No Contract Players
Warren Peyton
Josh Green
Stevland Angus
Eddie Odhiambo
Laurie Walker

Expiring Contract Players
Billy Turley - $33,500
Michael Corcoran - $21,000
Tom Winters - $16,750

June 2014 Contract Players
Izak Reid - $35,000
Gary Mulligan - $33,500
Ryan Austin - $31,000
Tom Sharpe - $23,500
Eddie Nisevic - $20,000
Aaron Brown - $17,750
Max Crocombe - $17,750
Aaron Wickham - $17,750
Brett Solkhon - $17,500

Obviously Billy Turley won't get a new contract. Tom Winters wants more than what I'm willing to pay for a guy who doesn't figure as a long-term starter in my plans. Michael Corcoran is a good player, but he doesn't fit in my system at all, as we don't use MC, so I'll try offering him to clubs along with Tom Winters to see if I can get money for them.

Nobody's willing to bite, though.

Gary Mulligan is on the Team of the Week.

Max Crowcombe has impressed in training, which is always good to see. Aaron Brown's fitness is taking a hit, though. And in general, players aren't happy with the fitness and goalkeeping coaching we have.

Breaking News (Part 1)
Gary Mulligan wins the Blue Square North Player of the Month Award and Stevland Angus finishes third in voting.

Breaking News (Part 2)
I finished second in Manager of the Month voting, losing out to Bishop Stortford's coach, which is very fair. The board also comes calling with a new contract offer, with a repeat one year, $52,000 deal. I'd like to see something more, but it's fair, given we're only talking about a quarter of a season's work here.

I try to hire a fitness coach for $2,200 a year, but the board blocks me.

Ian Gay wants me to take Corcoran and Winters off the list. Yeah, not doing that.

Year-end Training Results
Laurie Walker and Max Crocombe both made improvements and both are goalies. Nice problem to have.

Tom Winters declined, and Billy Turley, Gary Mulligan, Eddie Odhiambo and some scrub look like they'll decline next year.

Board Review
Satisfactory. They loved the Dan Walker loan-in, and the Gary Mulligan breakout. The fans rate me Good in the transfer market and player performance.

Stefan Brown and Anthony Edgar posted a 7 and 6.83 average rating respectively while at the club, but Edgar was ever-present, whereas Brown was just a reserve.

Gainsborough beats Harrogate in the promotion playoff final.

The 17th place is a record high for the club because it's Brackley's first year in Blue Square North. I'm not shortlisted for the Manager of the Year award because I haven't been here long, which is fair.

We repeat our one year jersey sponsor for $8k for the season and our $275k wage budget with $0 transfer budget. There's also a shitty sponsorship deal worth $1k/year over 5 years. Hope we have the right to tear up that contract at some point.

God damn it. I land a great player but the board cancels it due to the effect on the budget. Time to just flat out release Winters, Corcoran, and Turley on frees. With that happening, we suddenly free up a ton of money in our budget and can grab some top talent.

Transfer Notes
We steal 21 year old MLC Callum McNish from Oxford City on a 2 year, $28,000 per year deal. He's already capable of playing at the BS Premier level and has League 2 upside. Pen him in as the starting left midfielder and a massive upgrade over the Winters/Brown combo we used last season.

MC/ST Elliott Sandy leaves us for Bishop's Stortford, which is pretty much whatever since he never played for us after I showed up and only had a 6.64 rating for the previous manager.

GK Laurie Walker goes to Oxford City. Again, don't care.

What does sadden me is that DM/DR Eddie Odhiambo packs his bags for Histon. Really wanted to keep him around, but he wasn't interested in staying with us at all.

By the way, Staines managed to stay up, and ironically also finished 17th.

Quick-skimming the roster, the backline is fine. But we need a backup goalie, a starting defensive midfielder, and another starting striker.

We take care of the DMC by signing 31 year old Tyrone Thompson from Gainsborough on a non-contract basis. Then we make the big splash by paying 21 year old Ashley Yeoman to a two year, $42,500 a year contract, making him the highest paid player on the club by far. He doesn't quite have the ripping pace that Dan Walker did, but he won out over Walker because my scouts swear Yeoman has a lot higher upside than Walker does.

Warren Peyton signs a non-contract with Welling

Croatia joins the European Union. Luis Cumbers signs a $21,000 a year with Histon. Good luck with that fellas. Anthony Edgar signs with Cambridge for a whopping $67,000. We wanted to bring him back but there was just no room in the budget for him.

I lock up most of my staff on one or two year deals, not wanting to hunt around, and they'll be fine for now. All get raises but that's okay.

Chester earns the biggest Underachievers label for our conference which is soo right.

Izak Reid wins Fans Player of the Year thanks to his 7.01 rating.

Brackley Best 11
GK Billey Turley
DL Eddie Nisevic
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Stevland Angus
DR Eddie Odhiambo
ML Tom Winters
MC Brett Solkhon
MC Michael Corcoran
MR Izak Reid
ST Harry Crawford
ST Gary Mulligan

Lee Barney made the alternates, which is awesome.

$12k in TV rights. Snore.

We're expected to achieve a mid-table position this year, but the budget increases for shooting higher are so tiny, I'm not even going to bother with them.

...LOL!

So I guess AFC Telford is kind of sunk, huh?

We steal 20 year old Spanish DC/DM Sergio Sanchez out from under Staines' noses. He'll fight Tyrone Thompson for a starting spot at DMC. Better still, he has BS Premier potential and is signed for two years at the bargain basement rate of $4,400 a season.

Kind of regret giving Yeoman all that money now, as it's put us $13,7000 over our wage budget, but oh well. Hopefully he proves his worth it. We still have depth gaps to fill at goal and MR, but more on that in the next post.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote