View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 05:40 PM   #24
Izulde
Head Coach

Staines vs Brackley
Staines is coming to town and they've also started the season 2-0-0 and are 3rd to our 4th.

Our guys are exhausted - the curse of not having a good Fitness coaching regime, which they've complained about, so we run out with this lineup:

GK Joe Day
DL Stevland Angus
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Ryan Austin
DM Brett Solkhon
DM Tyrone Thompson
ML Aaron Brown
MR Izak Reid
ST Gary Mulligan
ST Ashley Yeoman

They're running 4 flat backs, a DMC, 2 MCs, an AML, an AMR, and a ST. Familiar names include Jack Turner, Scott Page, Lewis Ferrell, David Wheeler, Johnny Goddard and Louis-Rae Beadle.

Staines is also on a 9 game unbeaten run dating back to last season, and they can set a club record with 10 today by beating us, so I really, really want to win the Izulde Jestor Classic. Doubly so since we're on our home turf.

22' - Scary moment there, as Wheeler boots it in to the post, but it bounces off and Angus clears it out.

25' - Yellow for Solkhon.

33' - And of course, another fucking injury force off, like we've had EVERY DAMN GAME SO FAR. This time it's Sanchez, and we slide Sharpe and Angus down to put Nisevic in.

43' - Solkhon should have had that one...

So we're exhausted (Thompson is at 61% already), and dealing with a rash of injuries. Yet, I'm hoping we can find a way to win this.

72' - Fuck. 0-1

74' - Page goes off on a second yellow, and I'm hoping that'll be enough to let us score the equalizer goal in the time remaining.

89' - Nice shot from Freeman, but no one's there to grab the rebound.

Heartbreaking loss, but really, what was to be expected with all our injury and fitness issues? Staines jumps up to first as a result of the win, heh, which we would have done had we won. The real kicker? They were picked to finish 20th by the media.

Oxford City (6th)
GK Joe Day
DL Eddie Nisevic
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Ryan Austin
DM Brett Solkhon
DM Tyrone Thompson
ML Callum McNish
MR Izak Reid
ST Gary Mulligan
ST Ashley Yeoman

We're 7th, and Oxford City are our archrivals. We're playing at their place. Great to have McNish back, although we're still a ways away from full health, obviously.

0' - Terrible goal kick by Day and yeah. 0-1

19' - ...Yeah that should have been a goal by them and I thought it was in. Hair of chinny chin chin miss.

37' - Off a corner, Sharpe kicks it and misses, goalie deflects, Sharpe kicks it again, goalie deflects again, but third time is the try and Sharpe finally puts it in. 1-1

40' - Dear defenders, stop fucking scoring an awesome goal and then immediately playing shit on the other end to allow a goal that assfucks the point you just got. 1-2

51' - Pacey striker = d00m. 1-3

63' - Heh. PK and yellow for Sharpe 1-4

74 - Thought we were going to get away without a sendoff injury? Oh fuck no. Now it's Yeoman. Roberts in for him, but who gives a fuck?

89 - Pile pile pile. 1-5

Walk of Shame
Eddie Nisevic - 5.4
Joe Day - 5.2
Sergio Sanchez - 5.0

Needless to say, they're getting ripped into. I also transfer list Ashley Yeoman for half his $12k valuation.

Bromley
GK Max Crocombe
DL Eddie Nisevic
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Ryan Austin
DM Aaron Wickham
DM Tyrone Thompson
ML Callum McNish
MR Izak Reid
ST Gary Mulligan
ST Ashley Yeoman

Now we're almost back to full health, though it's another away game so I'm not holding out much hope. Day got benched after that disaster, so let's give Crocombe another shot.

2' - Narrowest of free kick misses by Austin!

24' - And again, Austin just missing on the free kick.

25' - Yellow for Mulligan

31' - Yellow for Sanchez

33' - Another stupid kick by Crocombe, only he has the pace to get back and stop the goal from scoring.

35' - Nice Wickham to McNish string to set up Mulligan ...who blows the open shot.

Roberts on for Mulligan at the half, because Gary's playing like ass. Overall, though, we've been doing pretty well.

46' - Yellow for McNish.

51' - Starting to feel a fuckload like Staines last season. 0-1

53' - Wickham Yellow

59' - Exactly like it. 0-2

76' - Solkhon and Brown on for Wickham and McNish.

Sanchez had a good day - 7.3, but I decide not to beat the team up overall, much as I want to. Their morale is already pretty hammered.

Training
Eddie Nisevic, Ashley Yeoman, and Joe Day have all improved. Aaron Brown continues decline.

Luke Dixon improved for youth squad, Brad Varney no.

Board really wants me to sell players. I'm trying man, I'm trying. But nobody's biting.

Bishop's Stortford (5th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Eddie Nisevic
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Stevland Angus
DR Sergio Sanchez
DM Brett Solkhon
DM Tyrone Thompson
ML Aaron Brown
MR Izak Reid
ST Gary Mulligan
ST Ashley Yeoman

0' - Thought Brown had it on the pass from Yeoman, but no soap.

1' - Yeoman to Solkhon to Mulligan and *there's* the start we were looking for 1-0

28' - Our backline has been really aggressive about getting in the way of shots, but they're outpaced on this counter. Fortunately the shot goes wide.

33 - Mulligan feeds it from midfield to Solkhon, who plays some lovely harp music to Yeoman in for the goal!! 2-0

Terrific first half, exactly what we needed. Roberts is going to come on for Yeoman, who needs the breather.

54' - Roberts gets a yellow card on what was a great goal opportunity for us, but I didn't see what for.

61' - Yellow for Thompson

71' - Freeman on for Reid. Yellow for Solkhon.

84' - We're facing a lot of pressure, so it's time to close the gates and contain.

7+
Brett Solkhon - 8.4 (MoM)
Tom Sharpe - 7.6
Gary Mulligan - 7.5
Ashley Yeoman - 7.3
Stevland Angus - 7.2

What a phenomenal performance by our team captain when we needed it most. Great job all around considering this was on another 3 days rest. Yeoman ended a 10 hour drought, too.

The win moves us up to 9th in the table.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote