View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 07:08 AM   #47
Izulde
Head Coach

Taylor Parmenter has made the most tackles per game in the league with 7.5.

vs Cambridge (6th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Samuel Bangura
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Andrew Burns
DM Taylor Parmenter
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Gianluca Gracco
ST Ashley Yeoman

24 - Yeoman's on the right wing and he crosses it to Gracco. The Italian's shot is block tackled, but he stays in front of it and gets another shot with no one in front of him, and this time it's a score. 1-0

Really great first half. Maybe not so much on offense, but our defense is playing phenomenally right now. Woodford goes in for Parmenter and Eyong for Harris.

60 - Yellow for McNish

67 - Groan. Sitter for Yeoman goes unconverted. And after Eyong and Woodford got the nice pair of passes to set him up, too.

84 - Woodford lays a great ball for Gracco, who literally runs a circle around the goalie to knife it in! 2-0

As always, best viewed in fullscreen.

Nothing lower than a 6.9 and the entire backline got 7.2 or better. Needless to say the Player of the Match was Gracco with his 8.8, who is quickly becoming my favorite FM player ever. 7.7. and 7.6 for Sharpe and Sanchez respectively locking down that D-line middle.

Stockport fired its manager. I don't report on all the firings, by the way, simply because I can't keep track of them all. Gianluca Gracco is named to the Team of the Week.

We're back up to 5th after the win.

@ Lincoln (17th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Samuel Bangura
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Izak Reid
DM Taylor Parmenter
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Gianluca Gracco
ST Ashley Yeoman

I've not been rushing back the injury guys for the most part, instead letting them work out with the reserves until they're back to match fitness. I've also noticed Liam Priestley got hurt while on his loan but don't know how serious it is yet.

"Brackley's low confidence after their slump will see Lincoln through." Um, slump? What the hell slump are you talking about? We're underdogs, yeah, but the only one who has poor morale is Reid, who wants so badly to get out of here.

Fantastic defense, no real offense to speak of as usual in what amounted to a very quick, uneventful first half. We're playing well, though. Woodford comes in at DC for Sanchez, his first time playing there for us this season.

74 - Cladiu Hoban checks in for the first time for us, subbing in for McNish.

We just couldn't crack the force field, and the ratings ranged from 6.9-7.2, so we did well overall, and at least got a point out of it. Crocombe was the high point with his 7.2.

Portsmouth fires their manager, and rightfully so. The once proud Premier and Championship side has had four straight demotions - from Championship to League 1 to League 2 and now down to Blue Square Premier, where they sit 15th. Glancing over their roster, they have just too good a team to be doing that poorly.

Then I realize something...

Semi-Professional Clubs in BS Premier
Brackley
Colwyn Bay
Dorchester
Ebbsfleet
Gainsborough
Woking

6 teams out of 24. Everyone else is a professional squad. And obviously we don't have the money to turn pro. Here's a full confession - Portsmouth is my favorite English city out of all the ones I've visited and going there ended up being one of my mom and I's favorite travel memories.

On the other hand, I'm building something very special here with Brackley. Tough choice. Even better? We play them next. I decide to apply, just to see what happens.

Looks like they found me out.

Really, jackasses? I just fucking got you a promotion *and* have you in contention for promotion playoffs, and this is how you repay me? Fuck you all.

Oh and Liam Priestley is out a month.

At least *somebody* out there likes me. :P

vs Portsmouth (15th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Leon Clowes
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Andrew Burns
DM Taylor Parmenter
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Gianluca Gracco
ST Ashley Yeoman

Portsmouth runs a 4 backline - DM - MC/MC - AML/AMR - ST formation. I prefer our Arrigo 4-4-2 personally, and it's what I'll implement if Pompey decides I'm the Caesar for them.

[b]"This Brackley team just doesn't impress me, and Portsmouth should win comfortably" - Ian Smith, football.guardian.co.uk." Wow, way to throw more fuel on the raging fire between these two teams, Mr. Smith.

35 - And there's the shank by Portsmouth. You guys sure you don't want to hire me?

Our strikers are having a terrible day, so Guedioura and Taaffe both come on to replace them at the break in a bold move on my part.

57 - Sharpe's header on a Taaffe corner *just* clangs off the bar. Damn, thought that was in.

We get a number of shots after that, mostly on Sharpe rockets to Guedioura, but nothing hits, and we're forced to settle for a draw in a game we should have won.

LOL. "Portsmouth's assistant has no right to be happy about that performance" and something else I missed because the screen went by too fast.

Wealdstone, which is leading the Blue Square South, wants to loan Jordan Smith for 4 months and promises regular first team action for him. Okay, sounds good to me.

The St. James Park expansion is completed, raising stadium capacity to 4,000 with 825 of them seats.

Hmm. Does that mean in order to get the job, I'd have to quit? Not going to quit, though. I'm fine with it either way. Either I get to rebuild Portsmouth or I get to continue building what I think is something very special here at Brackley.

vs Dover (20th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Samuel Bangura
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Izak Reid
DM Ryan Woodford
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Gianluca Gracco
ST Ashley Yeoman

Where the fuck are you getting the idea that Brackley's been really poor of late? We've been doing fine, thanks.

22 - Obvious PK is obvious, and I will never, ever get tired of watching Crocombe shoot and make penalties. 1-0

29 - WTF are you thinking Bangura?! Backwards header leads to a banging goal for them. 1-1

40 - If I had a dollar for every time the post hosed Sharpe, I could buy a house in San Diego.

Sharpe moves over to DL and Burns replaces Bangura. Taaffe goes in at MR for Harris, who has been a big disappointment relative to his friendly successes.

Wow, is the team ever cursed. 5 times I've counted in the second half where the post just blocked at us every turn.

875 people attended that frustrating clank-show, which is a club record since our FA Cup game against Oldham in the biggest upset of my career. Izak Reid skips training, so I warn him. He does it again, I'll fine his ass.

Portsmouth opts to go with Sean Dyche for the manager position. Can't say I blame them - he has League 1 and Championship head coaching experience, as opposed to me who is an up and comer.

Still a little disappointing, though.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote