View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 11:56 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Abe's Top 30 Video Games of All Time

I really enjoy what MattJones is doing on his sitcom thread, so I thought that I would do the same for my list.

However, I chose to focus in a bit. MattJones is doing Top 50 Sitcoms, and frankly, there's a lot of crap out there in the back. Instead of doing just one genre of video games, I am going to review all video games - Atari, Nintendo, Arcade, PC, PS1&2, N64, GameCube, Intellivision, Colecovision, Odyssey 2, Game Boys of Various Types, Lynx, TurboGraphix, Genesis, SuperNintendo, Saturn, Dreamcast, Sega Master System, and Xbox - all if which I have or have played very heavily.

I am going with my top 30 games because I began with 25 and then added more and more games to the "Honorable Mention" category. I wound up with 30 games, so why not toss them all out?

This list will obviously reflect my own biases. You'll note a lot of strategy games, for example, because I really like strategy games. There are some genres that I don't like that much. Despite there being quality games available in them, they just don't thrill me. As such, there are genres missing from this list, like stealth games (Ick).

If a game has several versions, then I included what was, for me, the definitve version. Sometimes, that is the most recently printed one. Sometimes it's not.

I am going to attmept to have one or more pics with all of these games, so if you don't see them, let me know.

Here we go.

-Abe

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-16-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote