Thread: My reply...
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2000, 04:26 PM   #19
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Lightbulb

Dear Dan,

I hope you will have the time and take the time to read this.
Since you helped me with getting FOF2 (I'm one of those people without a credit card) I want to thank you and help you now, well sort of...

Three or four months ago, Jim Gindin himself announced the coming of FOF2k1 at the odl forum, the dream of the new version was born.
Then about 2½ months ago, somebody posted a link to the company that does the graphics on FOF2k1. (I can't remember the name right now.)
But within an hour, that site was no more accesable.
Some days later, I think it was Blackadar who told us then that EA was checking the old forum frequently and found out the graphics designers had made screen shots including NFL licensed logos -> the screen shots had to be removed.

About a week ago, still at the old forum somebody posted a link to the site for FOF2k1 and we all saw a buy button there, this site included the NFL license.
Of course, a lot of us suspected that that site would also be down within a day, but surprizingly the site was still accesable the last 6 days.

Now I think this clears why a lot of people thought that as soon as the buy button would work, the game would be doenfor release...

This is the way I see it, if something of the above stated things is not true, I'm sorry.
But this really is the way I remember it...

With best regards,
Matthijs Boers
(MIJB#19)
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote