View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 01:08 PM   #506
McSweeny
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Ok, I've been convinced that it's McSweeney. Here's the day one points --

We now know that Mr. Wednesday was an assassin, so Blade and Vince get a half point each -- +1 total.

I've deduced that absolutely 0 of the people that voted for Blade were in my faction -- which also happens to be Blade's faction, I believe. Because of this, the only negative modifiers to the score would be the first (Passacaglia, -2) and lynching (Desnudo, -3.5) votes for him. That gives us -5.5.

If McSweeney is an assassin, Dubb gets no points for his vote (because it was to jail, and McSweeney was never put in jail), but everyone else would get half a point, assuming that they are not themselves Assassins. With 4 other votes on him, that's +2 for the good guys.

+1
+2
=
-2.5 -- which is what our overall point total was from day one. If we just assume that GWB is not a faction leader, so st. cronin got no points for that vote, and that Ardent Enthusiast is not an assassin, so hoopsguy got no points for that vote, we are absolutely square with our point total.

I'm very confident that McSweeney is an assassin.
there's a whole lot of asuming going on here. you could "assume" anyone is anything to get this numbers to work out the way you want them to. Now we've got a half dozen people who just read the last line and jump on the bandwagon. You'd think there'd be at least a couple others who'd crunch the numbers as well. But you all seem so happy to jump on me after Vince throws a bunch of numbers and assumptions around.

Hey Ardent, i'm listening!

VOTE TAZFTW EXECUTE
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote