View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 09:55 AM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

From here, the story is very high level where I do my thing and then write capsules of what happened over the entire season in brief. It's a good way for me to play as it fits my style and I'm still refining, but I like that it lets me give some insight and detail without having to slave over the minutiae that nobody cares about.

1968: My first season in Milwaukee. Slashed payroll and tried to sell off any assets we had for prospects, in the hope of a lotto ticket or two. Going into full rebuild mode, knowing the team is headed to a new city or at least, that’s the idea. (64-98, 7th place NL East)

1969: Team returns to Milwaukee after rumors abounded that the team was surely headed out of town. Kept payroll at lowest in the majors once again by design ($14.5 million). Traded our ace Carl Pennington after six years in Milwaukee to pitching starved Indiana for four prospects. Farm system ranked #5 in majors.’63 1st round pick Dan Baker wins NL Pulitzer (ROY) (67-95, 7th place NL East)

1970: The League Championship Series goes from best-of-five to best-of-seven starting this year.

Traded last year’s ROY Dan Baker to the New York Gothams in exchange for prospects. Sell high is the mantra in Cream City. (No, we have’t moved.) Actually did make one in-season signing, former Zephyr OF Devin Becker was released from his Japanese contract and we brought him for 2 years/$3m because we had the room and needed an outfielder. What a splurge!

Had the #1 pick in the draft. It was tough, our two options (see pics) were OFs Ryan Coles or Cuban Yamiel Reyes. Which would you have taken? (We took Reyes) We actually had TWO all-stars this year, so not just the mandatory one that every team gets. Go us! Despite our record, I don’t think we were worse, I just think everyone else was better. (62-100, 7th place NL East)

HERE ARE OUR DRAFT PICK OPTIONS... WHICH ONE WOULD YOU HAVE TAKEN?

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote