View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #31
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I have a love/hate relationship with FM. I love the game, I hate soccer. I mean, I don't understand tactics, positions, nothing. FM 2013 has classic mode so I bit the bullet and bought this year's version. It is like FM, made just for me!

I took over the Wolves in the Championship Division and with an already good roster and a rich owner, I was able to win the league in year 1 and move up to the EPL. The first 3 years I was able to avoid relegation, but there was nothing to write home about. It was around this time that I decided to sell off a bunch of players and buy up a bunch of young guys who my scouts felt would be good. I threw a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds out there and they had their moments, enough to get me up to 11th. As this team grew up together, they started to become pretty good.

I used my transfer money to make some key moves, add a few more youngsters and work my way into Euro Cup qualification. Made the quarterfinals. Next season, I actually won the Euro Cup and finished 4th in the EPL. I played well in the Champions League and was bounced in the quarter finals, but I slipped to 6th in the EPL so back to the Euro Cup, which I won again!

During that season, I was moving from 4th to 5th all season long. I had a 1 goal differential advantage over Man City heading into the final game, against them. I got the win and 4th place and qualified for the Champions League for the 2nd time ever. Man City is a hated team of mine since they took my best DC from me by making a huge bid that was automatically accepted. I was pissed at them.

In the Champions League the next year, I went on an amazing run and won the whole thing! Along the way, I've picked up 2 FA cups, 2 Cap Cups and some Sheilds. In my current season, I am battling Man U for 1st place. It keeps going back and first as we hit January. 1st place in the EPL is the only thing I have not won.

I highly recommend FM-Classic mode!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote