View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 10:36 AM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Fm19 The Rise of the Poole Town Dolphins!

I hope your day is strong and amazing, in equal measure!

Let’s get this FM19 thing started, right?

Right!

When I began playing FM back when it was still CM, I had two stints with lesser lower profile clubs in the EPL – Ipswich first, and then Bolton in the same game. My fist team, Ipswich, was meant to have a strong opportunity to learn the game. I brought in Taribo West to join fellow Nigerian international Finindi George on our roster. I built a tactic and moved Matthew Holland to DMC and created a 3-1-4-2 tactic around my DMC, and finished in the top ten in three seasons. Then I restarted as Bolton and took them much higher. I had this.

Then after I had learned the systems, I dove down into lower level English football and invested a lot of time trying to bring teams like Yeovil Town, Wrexham and Carlisle up top. Each year I would take one of these teams up to the EPL and then try to build them into a team that could stay at the top. It was deep into one of my final campaigns as Carlisle when I had just finished a season where they were a few spots short of the promotion playoffs for the EPL, and I got an unusual job offer for Kaiserslautern in Germany. They were offering a large kitty, and wanted to move up. I took the job, and secured one Bundesliga win during my time there, as well as really enjoyed myself. It was fun to do something different.

Next dynasty, let’s push that idea! I remember this, and I decided to head somewhere hard and far away from England. I chose Ukraine. I took over FC Metalurh Zaporizhya in the Ukrainian top league and took them high. I built them into a Ukrainian powerhouse, along with Dinamo Kiev and Shakhtar. I loved this dynasty, and I was bitten.

Over the next few years I would play in lesser leagues - Belgium, Czech Republic, Greece and such and have a lot of fun doing so. I finally decided to come home and rebuild Crewe Alexandria in England to an EPL club, and then I wanted to push my dynasty experiences. Let’s try out some top flights I hadn’t done before. I began a dynasty as Nacional da Madeira at a top flight club in Portugal, built up UD Melillia in Spain into a league winner, and then took La Liga club Athletic Bilbao to its first Champions cup win in its 6th year.

Now it’s time to return to basics and head back east. I built a club out in Romania, Sepsi OSK, into a new Eastern European powerhouse, much like Cluj. Then, during that dynasty, I took a job over at Huddersfield Town in the EPL in a post-Brexit and brought in a few of my Sepsi studs, namely the Romanian Messi Robert Lupu, and then had a strong campaign with Huddersfield in the EPL.

And that was it.

Now I want to Crewe thing thang, and come back to the UK in the turmoil of Brexit and push myself.

This dynasty was inspired by a throwaway line in a long ESPN The Magazine on what an EPL win would meant to Liverpool. That the AFC Liverpool team, a lower division one, is seeking to become the first fully fan owned professional team in England. So I looked it up, and it’s in way back in the North West Counties League. It’s in the 10th rung of the English football pyramid. That ain’t in the game. I downloaded a league option with down to 13th levels, and I created a coach! But I wasn’t feeling the quality of players there. I had an obvious route out (sign the top two or three players from the teams in that league, as most aren’t signed and are on month to month deals.) I didn’t enjoy that. So let’s pull it up.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-18-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote