View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 12:20 AM   #34
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game 2 – Away vs Hungerford – I retain my lineup. Our foes lost, and are predicted to be 21st, right behind us. We have a chance to get another result after our surprising one against Torquay. We have some early initiative and shots, but their GK is up to the challenge until the 11th when Balmer sinks the ball from an in the box assist by Devlin. One of their middles has to be subbed out to to injury. Half. We are up 1-0. In the 49th, Kebbie feeds Devlin for goal and that should be our cushion. I send in Smeeton and Roberts. In the 68th, they get a red card, the first card of the game for either side. I send in Yazid Kaikey for Moore. We hold and win 2-0. MOM is Kebbie.

Clean sheet? Yeah!

Game 3 – Away vs Weston-Super-Mere – As you may recall, WSM Came in dead last during the year we are currently simming, so this is a doable result. I make no changes to my roster. In the 23rd, they score off a nasty longshot that rebounds off the bar. Then in the 41st, Balmer pounces on a loose ball for goal. Half. I send in DC Walker for a carded Corbridge, and then DR Kebbie is pulled for Smeeton for the same reason. In the 69th, Spetch to Devlin for goal, and we break the tie. I send in Kitching at the MC spot, and he finds Balmer for an attack run in the 83rd for goal. We win 3-1, MOM is Balmer with two goals.

Good job all!

I give Marshall a pro-contract part time after he turns 17.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote