View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 09:52 PM   #45
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
I was fortunate enough to get out the Horizon game, and it was really exciting from a purely spectator standpoint. Both teams made their fair share of big plays, and mistakes, but for freshman they really gave it their all out there. BYU should be proud, they really worked hard for him.

You should have come down and said hi Blade, would have loved to BS with you a bit.

Today I received news that our game was moved to tomorrow!! As structured as I like the week to be that does not thrill me. We crammed part of Tuesdays routine (special teams walkthrough) into todays practice and also doubled up and did Team Offense and Team Defense together on adjoining practice fields. One nice thing about having a lot of kids out is we can do this. That said it was not a stellar practice, part of which I contribute to the kids being out on fall break this week. They were definitely not as focused as I would have liked being home and likely thinking about everything but Football all day.....Like I ever did that as a teenager

We also got final quarter grades Friday and after tomorrows game 8 players, including 3 starters (Both outside LBers and our QB) will be ineligible until they pull their grades up. If they are close to passing and diligent they may be able to get it done before next weeks game against LaJoya, if not they will miss 1 or more games until the grades are rectified. This really disappoints me as we collect grade checks and hold 2 study halls a week, as well as offering tudoring. Here is hoping it will be a lesson learned and they will all take care of business!

I had already decided to move Dylan U to Sam, which shores that position up and we also have Curtis J back at Rover after his Grandmother held him out for 10 days due to grades (Which I totally support) so the Linebacker situation will be OK. At QB it is a different story. I have 4 on the roster, in addition to Louis, one of the backups (Savon) is also ineligible and Jacob hurt his throwing shoulder (he plays a lot at safety) against Tolleson, which potentially leaves only Zach R after this game. I have faith in the kid as all the backups are close to each other and certainly capable of directing our ground and pound attack. I just hate the idea of being down to a single player here if Jacob can not throw and the other two don't get their academics in order. If it looks like we will be down to only one serviceable QB for the LaJoya game I will get Shayne some reps there and if we need to use him will move Tywon back to TB and put in some special plays for Shayne.....Lets just hope it doesn't come to this.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote