View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 05:10 AM   #443
Radii
Head Coach

MAC Preseason Preview

As always, the ratings of everyone in the league. Also I've listed the change from the start of last season to indicate the direction they may be heading. That's the change in overall rating, not in standings btw.

1. Ohio 83 (0)
2. Miami OH 81 (+1)
3. Ball State 79 (-2)
4. Kent State 79 (+2)
5. Eastern Michigan 77 (+1)
6. Akron 77 (-1)
7. Bowling Green 77 (+2)
8. Buffalo 76 (-1)
9. Toledo 76 (-1)
10. Northern Illinois 75 (-1)
11. Western Michigan 75 (-1)
12. Central Michigan 74 (-1)

Northern Illinois is a surprise. They'll probably be pretty good anyway overall but they have some depth issues and have a 50something rated center out there with the rest of their solid lineup.

Miami OH is the only team other than Ohio that starts 5 players rated 70+. Multiple teams appear stuck with guys rated in the 50s, something that wasn't the case last year.

MAC Preseason Awards

Best Overall Player: Gary Edelin - SR - Ball State - 83 OVR
Best Freshman: Rodney Santiago - Ohio - 76 OVR
Best Shooter: Gary Edelin - SR - Ball State - 83 OVR
Best Playmaker: Zam Surov - SR - Bowling Green - 73 OVR
Best Pro Prospect: Simplice Butt - SR - N Illinois - 79 OVR
Best Defender: Herman Bro - SR - Kent State - 74 OVR

Hooray best freshman!

Butt is listed as a second round draft pick. Edelin is a dark horse to be drafted at all.

Lastly, I check out the preseason tournament that we're in, and it looks set up nicely for us to advance a bit. Its an 8 team tournament so we'll get 3 games out of it.

We'll open vs Stetson, rated 65 OVR. If we win that we'll play the winner of Montana(69 OVR) and Western Illinois (64 OVR).

We'd have a reasonable shot at playing one of Arizona State(87 OVR) or San Diego State (86 OVR) in the final game, so there's a chance we get a really good challenge out of this tournament.

I haven't looked at recruiting at all yet. I think the head of steam from finishing off the season, plus the hype that keeps me up forever after seeing Carolina make it to a final four is finally wearing off

This is the year we break through and get back to the NCAA Tournament. Mark it down!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote