View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #453
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I only saw the final 3 minutes of regulation + OT, but UCLA has looked absolutely terrible.

Yes, they did, and you can put that at the feet of the coach who, IIRC, is supposed to be above criticism because he took the team to three Final Fours in a row. It was probably the worst 13 minutes in UCLA basketball history, or damn near it.

And the whole reason for it is because said coach, for all his amazing ability in coaching defense and teams and preparing and recruiting, just can't coach an offense to save his life. Anyone who thinks the 30-second-dribble-and-pass-along-the-perimeter-and-then-rush-an-awful-hurried-shot-against-the-clock offense is some thing that just popped up today, then that person hasn't been watching UCLA basketball. Howland has needed someone who actually knows offense to run that part of the team since the day he got into coaching, and he's too stubborn and arrogant to recognize it, which, IMO, is a major fault for any coach to have.

I don't think ASU fans would even say they had a great game. They just had a good game, and UCLA out-undered them.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 01-17-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote