View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #19
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Environmental damage can impact us forever, some extra drugs and guns around is a problem that can be managed. We have the lowest violent crime rate in generations and guns and drugs aren't hard to get now.

And what states do you think would legalize heroin and hand grenades? That goes back to that numbers thing. Would you have the same worries if we had fewer states with more people in them? You have no worry about a 300 million person entity legalizing bad stuff, but what if it was two 150 million states, east and west? Where's that cutoff to where we fear a state's power to do stuff?

None would probably legalize those things. Although I'd imagine some states would legalize some crazy guns if there were not federal regulations on them.

Size isn't the issue, it's with the actions of one entity causing problems to the other entity. Whether that's protecting Illinois from Wisconsin or Israel from Iran. I don't think Wisconsin should be allowed to legalize something like fully automatic machine guns that could negatively impact Illinois. Just as I don't think Iran should be allowed to create nuclear devices that could negatively impact Israel.

Unless you can guarantee it won't hurt the other entity, or the entity legalizing it takes full responsibility, it shouldn't be allowed.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote