View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 01:05 PM   #17
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ldenboy27 View Post
Thx for all you answers man it Will help a lot. If you dont mind i still got some questions.

2. So i need to plan ahead, more than the 3 weeks i can register, cuz in mire importants tournaments i need to be at a good fadigue, right? So like 1 week before is better that i play just practice or dont play anything at all?

From a form perspective, this will depend on where your player is in their career. At the AMA/FT levels, there are enough tournaments going in any given week that you can monitor your form and sign up for tournaments when needed. At the Major level, you're required to play MSTs, which fill most of your schedule. Juniors are a combination of the two. Challengers can pick and choose what CH tournaments and low-level major tournaments they need to fill out a schedule.

From a fatigue perspective, it's a matter of knowing how much fatigue your player picks up from matches (a function of endurance). Based on that, you may decide to have a player only participate in singles (or doubles) practices the week before a tournament if they have lower endurance. You should certainly sign up for something every week, but you can have an easy or harder practice week based on playing both or only one of singles and doubles.

Quote:
3. What is a good TESS for a 14y player then?

For a player of any age, using a player's age percentage, you can calculate their peak TESS as (Talent/Age%) + (Endurance/Age%^2) + (Strength/Age%) + (Speed/Age%). You'll get a major-level player out of someone with a TESS >14. Talent and endurance are a bit more important than strength and speed from the perspective of gaining XP, but strength and speed are the traits that help win you matches. I tend to look for players with peaks of 4+ talent and endurance and 3+ strength and speed.

Quote:
5. But then, traineirs are good when i got knocked off of a practice tournament then my player will use the "off time" with trainers?

You don't get knocked out of a practice tournament, per se--you can play up to one match per day in singles and doubles, but may not get a matchup if your player is over-tired (or someone else in their group is). If participating in a practice tournament does not use all of your player's fatigue allotment (350/wk or 50/day), you can top up with your trainer. A trainer is also useful when your player gets bounced from a competitive tournament in early rounds (though you should try to avoid that).
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote