View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 11:50 PM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We are now in the knockouts rounds after getting promoted from the league. Our next foe is the Poisoned Amphibians, a Lizardman team

We get a brilliant coaching on the kickoff and we get another RR, which gives us 4 for the half. They have a full roster, including a bug guy, the Kroxigor. That gives them 7 players with a strength of 4 or more. Their Krox just failed a bonehead roll and can’t do anything this turn. They drop two of my zombies . Tooth blitzes back into their backfield and fails to drop a corner of their cage but bases their skink carrier. I end the turn after some positioning. They injure and badly hurt Tooth with a blitzing Saurus. He’s out for the game. They drop two zombies and have the biggest, giantest cage ever with like 7 players around their Skink at the touchline. I do very little but move some roadblocks in the way.

They drop a bunch and slide their cage down. I have to use some GFIs, but I think I can crack open a corner with a blitz by Dumtak on a marked Saurus. Done. My last move I to try and dodge Thunder away from a bunch of big dorks and fail. No rr, let’s just pass. They manage to slip their Stuny dodging guy from my markers. They drop Bok and a pair of zombies. I have a chance to didge Fang away from his blocker and blitz their ballcarrier from an awkward angle. For now I try some two die blocks to see if I can set up the good stuff. Alright, here we go. Dodge works. Just two pushbacks, and now I’m based to a Saurus. Dumtak dodges away from some serious pressure. Turn.

They score after making several dodges.

We get the ball. I try to cage up the side and pass the turn after Skinthinner was given the ball due to a free ball. Only one Zombie is based to their stuff. I can’t do much and have to pass after dropping some foes but losing a tackle on a Saurus that based one of my cage folks, even after the rr. They slip the ball open and… Well, they just got push backs on Skinthinner. So all I have to do is dodge with Skinthinner, and get to the endzone, 8 spaces away, after making one GFI. And I have a rr too. Let’s do it and…

SCORE

1-1 going into turn 8.

Extra rr this half for me. Not needed. They KO a zombie an drop two more. Nothing else happens. Half

We begin with the ball. Can I get a slow grindy win? Going with Dumtak as my bc here makes no sense given the speed of my foes and the vast number of high str piece they have to rely on.

High Kick Off – Fang catches the ball. I drop two foes, and move around to bring the ball down the right flank. The reason I gave the ball to Fang instead of Skinthinner is I wanted the extra speed, and my foe is doing a great job at blocking their Skinks and not exposing them, so it’s hard for my WWs to get to them on a blitz. They KO a zombie protecting Fang. And now they follow by basing Fang.

I tackle the Saurus on fang with an adjacent zombie after piling up. I do little and pass. They screened well. They blitz Fang and get a dodge push back and a push back and knock me back. Another one die push back follows. They KO another zombie. And they tackle more.

Skinthinner KILLS a Saurus. Dumtak KILLS a Skink. Same turn!

Fang blitzs a Skink, fails to drop it on four tackles, and then dodges away from it at the end. I use both GFIs, one at the time, to push it into the corner. No rerolls needed! My final move is failing a 50% dodge and I don’t reroll.

They blitz and pushback Fang with a Skink. They pass after a few tackles. All I need to do is get Fang to make a dodge to open space, and I can score. Before I do, I blitz over Thunder to drop one, and screen up. Here we go…

SCORE!

But there’s plenty of time for them to score back and tie it up. Got to play good d. Well, a Blizzard erupts! Uh oh. Touchback, and they give the ball to a Skink near the line.

They cage on the left flank hard. They KO a zombie. On a three die block I get skull, and two knock back arrows from Bok, and can’t drop the corner skink, but skill follow and base their bc . Thunder blitzes in to follow, Kos a skink and bases their ballcarrier as well. End turn.

They blitz a Saurus and drop Bok. They push back Thunder. Bok blitzes, rises, and can’t quite drop their Skink. I base their BC with Skinthinner and Fang. Pass turn. They tackle thunder, blitz Bok, stun a Zombie, then get a double block result from a Saurus on a zombie and pass. Nice

Can I get the ballcrrier down? Nah, two chances with Dumtak and Skinthinner and nothing. UI even blitz in Fang, and get three double die attacks, and now work, even with my RR. That’s TEN die rolls from my team and nothing. Not even a double block from my blockers. Pass

They blitz Fang off the bc. I need these guys to fail a dodge or something. They drop Dumtak. Lightning blitzes the corner off their cage and stuns their skink and bases their bc. Turn.

Game

We win 2-1

We get 30k

Thunder is MVp

I purchase a 4th rr.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-22-2017 at 11:50 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote