View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 10:25 PM   #57
BYU 14
Coordinator

Final pre-game walkthrough of the season tonight. We kept it fairly loose and had some fun, though not at the expense of making sure our rules were ingrained. We close against Ironwood tomorrow and they are predominately an I Pro team and run a lot of option (both dive and veer) They have a huge fullback and a fairly mobile QB and these two are the two we have to stop. We have more team speed and they don't appear to have any big play guys, but they can grind out long grueling drives with that Fullback. We will need to get them in long yardage situations and force the pass.

Defensively they run a reduced 5-2 and don't blitz much. I will stay with my usual plan and probe multiple points of attack in my script and attack the favorable matchups from there. Our strongside trap should be golden against this Defense, but it has not looked good in practice. This is probably due to the fact we have seen a lot of even fronts and the kids aren't quite hitting the angles. We also haven't run it much the last three games since we have played heavy blitz teams.

We have two starters out OT Damian C (concussion) and Rover James O (Academics- 3rd game out) Apart from that we are healthy and ready to roll. The season has once again flown by in the blink of an eye. Here's to hoping we close it out in style, which would leave us undefeated in region and give our freshmen the "unofficial" region title.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 10-28-2008 at 10:26 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote