View Single Post
Old 07-03-2023, 10:48 PM   #63
CrossroadsReb
Mascot

End of Month Review, June 2001
--A better month financially as we ‘only’ lost $1,155,228 compared to the nearly $2 million loss in May. Again, getting to ‘Medium’ size would be a huge accomplishment, especially if it can be done over the next two shows before the Great American Bash. Getting to the next size would mean more money, obviously. WCW will likely not survive much longer if the current financial trends continue.

--WCW has $1,889,354 on hand. I have to see improvements. As our popularity increases, there should be steady increases in all facets of income, particularly ticket sales and broadcast revenue.

---I will be renegotiating our PPV deals after the Great American Bash. I have no doubt that show will put us over the top to ‘Medium’ size if we are not there already. I will also take a look at our TV deals after the Bash. The ESPN2 deal is one I’m happy with right now and doesn’t expire for another four months.

---Another important aspect of the TV deals at ‘Medium’ size is I could change Nitro to a two-hour show. It is currently 90 minutes in length because of WCW being small size. I could probably convince ESPN2 to go two hours when we go to the next size.

---The WWF remains at 86 popularity throughout America. They are on a massive roll with an almost $4 million haul in June. They have close to $58 million in the bank.

---WCW is sitting at 58 popularity in the Southeast and Southwest with 48’s in the rest of America. The backstage rating is 82 and slowly creeping up. Nash is still causing some trouble but hasn’t committed any major backstage incidents in a few weeks. If he goes on another spree of problems, it could be time to make a major decision. The downside is that he could sue us and that would likely put us in serious financial peril with his $114,000 per month contract if we were found to be in the wrong.
CrossroadsReb is offline   Reply With Quote