View Single Post
Old 08-02-2023, 10:19 PM   #83
CrossroadsReb
Mascot

End of Month Review, July 2001

--On the financial side, we lost $416,131 and our cash at end is now $1,473,223. All five areas (PPV, Ticket Sales, Broadcast Revenue, Sponsors, and Merchandise Sales) all saw nice increases but not enough to pull a profit for the month.

--August could be the month we finally turn a profit if current trends continue its upward climb. At worst, perhaps a small loss is possible. With the new multiple broadcasting deals in place and attendance numbers increasing, August could be the most pivotal month in the return of WCW to respectability.

--WCW continues the slow climb back into relevance. We are 61 popularity in the Southwest and 60 in the Southeast with 50 in the remaining American regions except Puerto Rico and Hawaii (both at 49). If I can improve by two points each month, I could reach 70 by Starrcade at the end of the year and have huge momentum going into 2002. At that rate, with the race to ‘Big’ size and the requisite 77 in five American regions, it will at least be the last few months of 2002 or early 2003 before I get there. It will only be then that I can truly begin strongly competing with the WWF.

--The backstage rating is 72 and familiar names pop up in a negative way. Kevin Nash has been strangely absent from major backstage incidents.

--I am not a point where I can expand and have another show at the moment. I have to get through 2001 first. I do know the new show will not be called Thunder. On down the road, I will add a permanent women’s division to WCW. Of course, more workers equals more money to be spent with exclusive written contracts. The bank will need to be substantial.

--Speaking of contracts, the next three to seven months will be interesting as some contracts wind down in the WWF. Whether I will be able to afford them will be something for me to keep my eye on. In addition, the Federation is the bigger company and WCW may be seen as too small in the eyes of potential free agents. Vince can surely offer more money so my success rate will not be great when the time comes. I am only the head booker so contract offers can be capped, or outright rejected, by WCW owner Eric Bischoff.
CrossroadsReb is offline   Reply With Quote