View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 09:21 PM   #32
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Is it usual for one of the flight crew to leave the cabin that soon into the flight though? That definitely fits given there's no warning or apparent issue with the plane at all.

I also wonder, given the (at least) two people we know were on the flight with fake passports, and the seemingly completely lax attitude of security at the departure airport, and the fact that the plane just disappeared off radar with no warning or indication anything was wrong whether it's possible to get a bomb onto a plane that completely obliterates the thing to the point that there might not be that much wreckage to look for. Still defeats the point I suppose that nobody has claimed it yet, and even if the Chinese were keeping it quiet surely it would have got out through other channels by now.

Two hours into the flight would be a pretty reasonable potty break time for the pilots. This flight only had the 2 pilots, as it was less than 8 hours. There was no need for a relief pilot.

It thought I had heard that the oil slicks that they had found were not related to the plane at all. The oil didn't match what they would have expected to find.

Oh the conspiracy theories are certainly there. I won't even post the web side that this came from cause it doesn't deserve the attention. I couldn't keep a straight face while reading it though.

Quote:
Conclusion: Flight 370 did not explode; it vanished

The inescapable conclusion from what we know so far is that Flight 370 seems to have utterly and inexplicably vanished. It clearly was not hijacked (unless there is a cover-up regarding the radar data), and we can all be increasingly confident by the hour that this was not a mid-air explosion (unless debris suddenly turns up that they've somehow missed all along).

The inescapable conclusion is that Flight 370 simply vanished in some way that we do not yet understand. This is what is currently giving rise to all sorts of bizarre-sounding theories across the 'net, including discussions of possible secret military weapons tests, Bermuda Triangle-like ripples in the fabric of spacetime, and even conjecture that non-terrestrial (alien) technology may have teleported the plane away.

Personally, I'm not buying any of that without a lot more evidence. The most likely explanation so far is that the debris simply hasn't been found yet because it fell over an area which is somehow outside the search zone. But as each day goes by, even this explanation becomes harder and harder to swallow.

The frightening part about all this is not that we will find the debris of Flight 370; but rather that we won't. If we never find the debris, it means some entirely new, mysterious and powerful force is at work on our planet which can pluck airplanes out of the sky without leaving behind even a shred of evidence.

If there does exist a weapon with such capabilities, whoever control it already has the ability to dominate all of Earth's nations with a fearsome military weapon of unimaginable power. That thought is a lot more scary than the idea of an aircraft suffering a fatal mechanical failure.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote