View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 03:23 PM   #35
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Is anyone else a little unsatisfied with the way putting works? Shouldn't I be choosing direction and swing effort on putts just like I do for every other swing?

Some people have mentioned this in the past, but from my own personal standpoint I am fine with the current implementation based on this type of game. If you were to have complete control over putting swing/direction, etc., the game would have to somehow provide the player with the ability to precisely read the green and would think the green itself would have to be mapped in much greater detail to include all the precise changes that come with the greens. With the goal of this type of golf game being more about strategy in my opinion (versus what the other more graphical/arcade games want to deliver), I think the options they provide makes sense. You still have to assess the situation (i.e. distance, lie, uphill/downhill, breaks, etc.) and choose the appropriate putt type to have the best chance of success. Even the competitor golf strategy product pretty much uses a similar system (no option to swing/aim) on the putting green.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote