View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 06:15 PM   #404
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Actually, no I wasn't. What i said was the polls weren't off much in 2016 (they weren't), and that there wasn't any evidence they would be off in 2020 (there wasn't). That situation has changed now; they were off more than they have been in any modern election by a couple of orders of magnitude. I still say there was no evidence of that coming prior to the election however. I repeatedly said it was possible Trump would win but that it was a remote possibility. I don't think I was wrong except as it relates to how well polls would predict 2020, and suffice to say I have lots of company on that score.

If we're moving from no judges at all to the court of appeals that changes it somewhat, but it's still absurd to assume nobody gets past the Senate plus Trump even runs again, much less gets nominated, much less gets elected against an incumbent in '24 when he couldn't even win as an incumbent this time.

I mean, if that's 'reading the room' that's fine, we just need to stop ripping on QAnon because what they are saying isn't much less reasonable.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 11-20-2020 at 06:16 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote