View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 07:40 PM   #78
britrock88
Pro Starter

Wow. What a masterclass!

I will admit that I went in with my 150 starter points in each world and took this approach: spend 60 on the most talented and well-rounded 14yo I could find (Kazic/Hansell), then spend the other 90 on a ~16yo that would be a little ahead in developmental terms so I had a better idea of how to develop the 14yos. At this point, we both see that the younger guys have essentially caught up to the elder guys and have brighter career arcs.

To this point, I've been chasing XP through practice tournaments and friendlies after early tourney exits. Are either of the older guys worth turning into a trainer, seeing that I have none? I could spend a little time building up their doubles skills (which is very cheap to do) and reap the 1/3 multiplier in the trainer rating formula. In any case, they're in the neighborhood of 3.0 trainers.

I've really enjoyed seeing Kazic progress in the context of other Serbian players. That, combined with this dynasty (thanks again for turning me and others on to this!), is pushing me toward focusing on a smaller nation or two and seeing what I can do there.

I will gladly accept your advice on the importance of endurance. Your post made me dive back into the help section on player info. I see now where you can read between the lines on the relative importance of endurance to talent--endurance allows you to train more, whereas talent is just a relatively small natural boost to the process. And I also can make sense of the progression of a player's athleticism with the aging factor in play--that's a key detail I had missed before.

Thanks again for sharing your wisdom! I'll try to make sure that Kazic and Hansell have bright days ahead of them.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote