View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 11:47 PM   #180
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Sri Lanka Rankings Update

Anil Mehul -- 6th to 3rd singles, 91st to 78th doubles. A strong push continues, and now Mehul has a new target. It will take a while, but the only way he can really improve himself is to unseat Benda at #2. That means consistently making at least the semis at the big events. At a minimum, he needs to fight off close challengers to stay in the Top 4 but I think he should be able to accomplish that with relatively little difficulty. As he approaches his peak, Mehul is running out of realistic targets for improvement with Iglar as ever out of reach. He'll have the entire month off between now and Shanghai as he played more matches than expected, especially at Canada.

Girish Girsh -- 26th to 23rd singles, 87th to 73rd doubles. A career-best run at the USO masks a lot of the summer struggles for Girsh, moving him up to a new personal high. He didn't have to beat anyone good there though, it just sort of opened up for him with a good draw. Nothing wrong with that, but there are still concerns about his recent play at least in the short term. As more challenger and WTC results from last year are lost, I expect him to maintain a spot somewhere in the 20s depending on how he does towards the end of the season, with an eye towards taking another step forward in the new year. He'll have another tournament, probably a 250, between now and Shanghai.

Prakash Mooljee -- 68th to 50th juniors. Pancevo gave him his first significant step forward this year, though he'll be taking several weeks off now to rest and train. He's almost-but-not-quite there in terms of moving up to Tier-2s consistently, and also in terms of being ready to play in some Amateur-level events. Probably by next year.

Manager Ranking -- 15th to 12th, 17.4k to 18.4k. I'm almost 2k behind the next manager above me so the best I can do is really stay here for a while and close the gap. oprice has set another record, up over 59k now, more than his closest two competitors combined.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote