View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 12:37 AM   #1191
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Definitely safe at #1 for this year, but …

Quote:
2500 points from wtf and Paris

Yeah about those. Let's just say that Paris has four double-digit seeds into the quarterfinals. The Race situation is … well, it's interesting. Tim de Jong won in Vienna (500), but it actually didn't really help him because Ollie Haas won the Swiss Indoors. So de Jong basically had to win Paris … and he had a razor-thin loss against Wentz in the third round. That means the Top 8 are who we thought they were. Full report on the final Masters of the year tomorrow after it concludes, but for now …

October

Two weeks only really between Shanghai and Paris, but they fall in the 10th month. Chittoor and Guha are practicing away and resting up. My older players were reminded that in Russia, the Kremlin Cup plays you. Comrade in good standing Valery Stachovsky beat Kasaravalli in the semis, and Sushant Chiba in the finals … after knocking out Fitzpatrick in the quarters just for fun. Chiba did really well to get that far and it was a 7-5, 7-5 count, quite competitive.

Amrik Kasaravalli had what I think is his third 500 final go against him in Vienna, a 7-5, 6-4 loss to de Jong. However that was still enough to get him up to a career-high ranking of #10!! It's been a couple years since I've had a player on the first page … it's kind of fun. Chiba got himself beat by the world no. 1 in the second round of the Swiss Indoors. For him though it's just about getting matches so his form carries over through the off-season.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 09-16-2019 at 12:38 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote