View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 07:26 AM   #1250
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks to all for the nice things you've said. I don't know how much interest there still is in this, and I know dynasties in general on this board are a lot less active than they used to be, for quite understandable reasons. As for me, things are a-changing'. I've decided to call it quits on the TryHarding(TM) phase of making videos and being a 'content creator', and I've decided to put some of that creative energy into returning and reviving this tale.

It's at a point where, interestingly enough, it's ripe for a reboot. In my reckoning of the game years, I joined Rocking Racquets in the early 2030s, started writing about in the late 30s, and wrote about it through mid-2069. It's now two decades later, 2088 and nearing the start of the clay season, and Sri Lanka has sunk to where you might expect - not quite at the bottom yet, but working their way there. All my players are retired or very nearly so, way past the days of their exploits.

It'll take some time to get re-organized, remind myself of what I used to know but have forgotten, and re-set the stage for what is going on now. The one element that was missing before was we didn't get to see the start-up. A 're-start' should be able to provide that. On the other hand, it also means I won't have any great exploits to report for quite a while. From rags to riches, back to rags, and we'll be in 'yep, still raggedy' for some game years to come.

But we're back in business, if anyone still cares; the legacy of Anil Mehul will resume, and Sri Lanka will honor his memory by returning to the apex. A couple new names that will not accomplish much to throw out there; I've started fresh and hired a couple of new players.

** Manoj Chowdry - Journeyman, recently turned 24, respectable grinder but almost no serve, too much effort put into doubles, substandard athleticism and endurance. He's ranked #1297, with a career best of #797. Chowdry's task is to earn points so that we can buy the best available Sri Lankan trainer candidate - that being the first goal of any well-instructed manager as a passable trainer is much better than no trainer at all.

** Girish Dravid - The only available 14 yo Sri Lankan. That made the choice easy. He really sucks too. Ages fast, but that's a detail. Solid mental state, but endurance is below-average, athleticism is terrible, and in general he barely knows what tennis is with a talent level of 1.0. He's already played his first tournament, naturally a tier-5 junior event, getting one win in doubles and losing in the first round of singles. His form was already lacking by the time I grabbed him, so just getting him into playing shape is first up. And of course he'll be replaced ASAP.

I'll get a couple more players before long, draft in a first more high-powered VIPGen, as well as getting some updates together on who the top players are now and all of that happy nonsense.

The Sri Lankans are coming! Taste their tale again .... for the first time.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 08-10-2022 at 09:10 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote