Thread: Fake Reveals
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 10:26 PM   #14
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I love them also, but I don't think I'm that good at them. Though, maybe I'm so good at them that it looks like I've got to be bad and that's why it hasn't worked so well. Yeah, that's it........

I think that almost always the first player to claim has the edge though. Especially with newer players.

Not to sidetrack the original point, but that raises a question: What kinds of reveals do you believe? When two people claim the same role, what do you look for to decide which way to go?

For me, I will always give a pass to a seer hint early, even if I'm not convinced of it. That is something that can be checked and it's worth going another direction early than risk losing a seer.

If two people claim the same role, I want to know who they've interacted with to that point and why in order to pick who I believe.

I think it really depends on my mood that game. I often will say in a game that I "always" believe X or I "always" believe Y, when in fact I usually just change my mind up from game to game. I usually lie more as a good guy than as a bad guy, and I always try to make discussion from a villager standpoint regardless of my role.

I'm actually quite suprised that no one has ever gone back to previous games for me and said "This game you felt this, but now you feel something different?" As I know I am never consistant.

I guess my main rule of thumb as a bad guy is to be patient and let the villagers make the mistakes and my main rule of thumb as a villager is to try to make moves that make the least risk of a horrible loss (ie: death of a seer). I had one game where I argued to keep a fake seer alive for days even though I highly doubted they were good just to keep the real seer alive that long too, and force the bad guys into making the move at night.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote