View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 09:46 PM   #72
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2016 NFL Super Bowl

Your NFC Champion #5 seed 13-3 Seattle Seahawks

Vs

Your AFC Champion #1 seed 13-3 Jacksonville Jaguars

I guess that attempt to turn Jacksonville into Seattle East paid off!

Seattle marches down the field and scores a FG in the first, and we tie it up as the first quarter ends. 3-3

Then score two more field goals as the second half opens and we keep them from the endzone twice.

Their defense is playing really stingy. Just before the halftime, a 2 yard pass from Russell Wilson to Sebastian Ratcliff gives them a 16-3 lead at the half,

Bortles opens the second half with a drive, that ends in a pick to CB Robert Alford. They drive down and Michael Crabtree catches a 13 yard ball for a score at the 11:05 mark. 23-3

Our next drive heads down, and we grind out a score with Ace Sanders on a 2nd yard play on the 1 yard line. 23-10

They grab the ball back and score on a drive that features Marshawn Lynch a few times. 30-10.

Bortles is picked off. We stop them and they punt. We get a great punt return by Justin Blackmon. 3rd quarter ends!

We open with a drive and Allen Robinson scores form a 14 yard pass by Bortles. 30-17. Seattle offense begins to stymie. Then DT Quentin Grossman, the rookie, gets a nasty sack on Wilson, forces a fumble, and DE Kenneth Butler spelling, DE Valazquez, recovers. We get the ball in dangerous territory.

A few plays later, and a nasty pass rush on us by the Seahawks forces Bortles to scramble, and he is hit and fumbles the ball right back. They drive a bit, stop, punt, and put in on their own two yard line.

The very next play Bortles is sacked for a safety. And that’s the game’s final score – 32-17. Seattle lifts another trophy. Congrats folks!

We came this close to that victory…

I was expecting a Super Bowl in 5 years when I took over, that would have been really fast!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote