View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 08:12 AM   #15
revrew
Team Chaplain

Commissioner James Gordon: "With the second selection of the 2025 NFL expansion draft, the Des Moines Dragons select … tight end, Kelvin Satterfield, Houston Texans."

Mike Greenberg: "Another eruption from the crowd here at the Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines! I think this is a popular pick as well."

Todd McShay: "Kudos to our broadcast partner, Mike Mayock. You actually called this one before the draft."

Mike Mayock: "Well, it looks like Jack Ledger, owner of the Dragons, is making a popular statement to the fans right away, drafting two players, back to back, from Iowa State University. And like I said before the show, Satterfield is a fast tight end who can get down the seam in a hurry or make the cut and run away from linebackers in the flat. He's only in his third year in the league, and I suspect he would have been on the Texans' protected list if it weren't for a high-ankle sprain that plagued him most of his rookie year and a broken leg that cost him his sophomore campaign. He just hasn't been able to get on the field."

Greenberg: "I want to bring something up, here. This makes two picks, back-to-back, of Iowa State Cyclones. But this is 'The Hawkeye State,' right? Can we expect the Dragons to pick some Hawkeyes?"

McShay: "They may call it the Hawkeye State, but the Iowa Hawkeyes have fallen on tough years of late. After the unexpected retirement of long-time coach Kirk Ferentz due to health concerns several years ago, the Hawkeyes have been cellar dwellers in the Big 10, while Iowa State has been the team to beat. The Cyclones have two top 10 finishes nationally in the last 5 years, and with churning out players like Plante and Hatterfield, it's easy to see why."

Greenberg: "Will the Dragons pick another Iowa State player next to score the Cyclone hat trick, or will we see another school represented today? More from the 2025 NFL expansion draft right after this."

2. TE Kelvin Satterfield, 3, 51/67
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote