View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 09:46 AM   #17
revrew
Team Chaplain

Mel Kiper: "Greeny, I have to admit, I am dumbfounded by this choice. Colby Gibson was selected with the 28th pick of the second round last week. Surely the Dragons would have benefited more from a higher selection, like linebacker Johnny Junker, who the Eagles took with the first pick of the second round, or if they wanted a tackle, why not grab Ken Whitfield from Cleveland, who was taken at 2.11?"

Mike Greenberg: "Could it be, Mel, that the Dragons are planning to pluck veterans from Philly or Cleveland, or that they have an eye on a third rounder from those teams? Taking a second rounder from a team, our viewers should understand, means that team gets to protect every other player in their draft class as well as 5 additional veterans."

Mike Mayock: "It could be that there was just no one else on the Patriots' eligible list the Dragons were interested in."

Todd McShay: "Or maybe Jack Ledger was just reaching for another Iowa player."

Kiper: "If he was, it was too much of a reach. Or at least, I think he had better options. But let me tell you about Gibson. He's a strong, powerful blocker out of Northern Iowa, where he really pushed the competition around. At 6'3" with long arms, he's got the build you want for an NFL tackle. But there are questions about how his game will translate, and that's why he slipped to the second round. He hasn't seen NFL-caliber competition, and can he develop the footwork needed to stop the elite pass rushers he's going to see at the next level? He was a good choice for the Patriots, who are set at left tackle for now and don't need to push Gibson into the lineup. But was he a good choice for the Dragons? We may find out sooner than Gibson is ready for."

3. LT Colby Gibson, R, 26/67
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote