View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 08:35 AM   #23
revrew
Team Chaplain

Mike Greenberg: "What is it, Todd?"

Todd McShay: "So the Dragons have taken 8 players thus far, and we know that 5 of them are from Iowa universities. 3 aren't - Griffin, Wells, and Ellison."

Mike Mayock: "That's what I'm seeing."

McShay: "But check this out: Dale Griffin played his HIGH SCHOOL ball … in Williamsburg."

Greenberg: "So?"

McShay: "Williamsburg, IOWA. And Wells? Grew up in Avoca, Iowa. And now Ellison? Grew up in Sloan, Iowa."

Greenberg: "Are you serious?"

McShay: "Hat tip to the people on Joker.com for making that factoid go viral, but I've double-checked it with the NFL Stats Bureau. It's true: Every player the Dragons have selected so far played either high school or college ball in Iowa."

{ stunned silence }

Mayock: "Well, it's not like they're bad players. I mean - Plante, Wells, and Dodge are a good-looking start to this secondary. And I predicted they'd take Satterfield."

Greenberg: "But you also predicted Jack Ledger would make a splash by taking Iowa players. It looks like your prediction was more spot on than you realized."

McShay: "But surely they can't be limiting their selections to exclusively Iowa players. Can they?" …
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote