View Single Post
Old 04-29-2023, 07:31 AM   #6
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

April 13, 2001
From press reports

WCW owner Eric Bischoff has announced that ESPN2 has agreed to a six-month contract to show the WCW flagship wrestling program, Nitro, on Monday nights. It has been reported that Bischoff was seeking a longer deal but ESPN executives hesitated, instead wanting WCW to prove themselves in what looks like a wait-and-see approach. Nitro will return on Monday, May 7—one night after the Big Bang pay-per-view.

Because of the near crash of WCW and our company size (Small), ESPN2 is limiting me to a 90-minute show. I’m sure the jump to ‘Medium’ size would help in my efforts to have a two-hour show. The 90-minute show will also force me to primarily use the stars and major stars. The product requirements have me with longer matches with few, if any, four or five-minute squashes. This basically means I will have five or six matches on the show. Angles will be heavy on the stars, major stars, and the well-known at first. If/When I get to ‘Medium’, I’m pretty sure the change to a two-hour show will not be a huge hurdle.
tucking fypo is offline   Reply With Quote