View Single Post
Old 05-09-2023, 10:45 PM   #28
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
peanut gallery observation about Big Bang: I'm surprised Steiner went over Sting clean in the qualifier

(not questioning it or anything, just noting it as the one thing that jumped out to me as a surprise)

I was thinking about how I would have seen it as a fan on a company's returning PPV, which I surely would have ordered. There were three scenarios I had in mind:

1. Steiner wins in a dirty finish via distraction or interference making him appear weaker, perhaps, going into the title match and it likely reminds me of the many times of the nWo type finishes that I got tired of;

2. Steiner wins clean and establishes himself as a legit threat in the title match with the downside of a fan favorite in Sting losing, maybe unexpectedly in the fans' eyes;

3. Matching up Sting vs Jarrett and DDP vs Scott was the other option with Sting, Scott, and Booker in the triple threat.

In the end, I opted for the surprising qualifying win over the fan favorite with the main event with Page graded at an 88. Sting is not done by any means, nor is Page. I have to keep their popularity up and can't afford them losing much anyway.

Last edited by tucking fypo : 05-10-2023 at 10:56 AM.
tucking fypo is offline   Reply With Quote