View Single Post
Old 05-11-2023, 10:07 PM   #30
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

News from around the 2001 universe

---WCW has put out a press release saying that they have a new signing that will make his debut next Monday on Nitro from Las Vegas.

---A new tag team has been formed in the WWF, Crash and Burn. The team consists of Al Snow and Steve Blackman. They are expected to get a push in the next few months. The TEW engine did well with that one.

---New Japan has signed former WCW standout Juventud Guerrera to an exclusive written contract worth $82,200 per month. Juvy was fired by WCW last fall after an incident when the company was touring Australia. He’s good but the prior incidents and the price tag turned me away. They also signed Jushin ‘Thunder’ Liger on an exclusive contract for $91,560 per month. Way too steep for me. He told me WCW was too small anyway.

---The WWF has signed the recently released Brian Adams and Bryan Clarke, known as Kronik, to exclusive contracts. They will now be known as Stone Cold Killers. The major eyebrow-raising signing, however, was Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts to an exclusive written contract.

---The WWF has a newly formed tag team consisting of Trish Stratus and Molly Holly under the name Whore Force. Devious and brilliant!!

---WWF Judgment Day saw Stone Cold Steve Austin retain the WWF Championship over The Rock and Kane in a 98 rated match. The show was rated a 92 overall.
tucking fypo is offline   Reply With Quote