View Single Post
Old 06-06-2023, 10:31 PM   #49
CrossroadsReb
Mascot

Head to Head
Show Rating: Raw 79, Nitro 79

TV Rating: Raw 2.67, Nitro 0.11

Main Event: Raw 81, Nitro 79

Main Event: Hollywood Hogan def. Test in an 81 rated match; seems odd that the major players are being left out of these last two Raw shows

--Nitro was on par with the actual show rating. The coveted TV rating is the primary factor for me. Raw, however, is up by over 2.5 in the TV rating. I'm looking forward to the broadcaster negotiations IF I can get to Medium size BEFORE the Great American Bash.

--When the franchise players return en masse to WWF television, the show ratings will be noticeable.

Backstage Incident
--Kevin Nash was caught smoking a lung dart, breaking the locker room rules. Remembering the Oz gimmick that WCW gave him a decade earlier, I sympathize and choose to give Nash a slap on the wrist. Nothing noteworthy came out of it.

--As a high school junior, I remember seeing that gosh-awful Oz gimmick in WCW and wondering what the heck was going on. I guess it never occurred to them that they could use his real name and make more money. Of course, the more I read on Jim Herd's time in WCW, the more the insanity made sense. Oz vs Spartacus Flair would have been...something.

Last edited by CrossroadsReb : 06-20-2023 at 10:26 AM.
CrossroadsReb is offline   Reply With Quote