View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 07:12 PM   #4
Murph
n00b

Not many will agree with me, but I'll let you test for yourself.

I've found one thing that really helps my defense be more successful is running the ball more often on offense. You still need mostly balance, but if you can crank up your run percentage to the 50%-55% range, and run consistently (average 4+ YPC for the team)... your defensive numbers will suddenly get better.

What I'd do to test is set up a test game. So, just open your game at the beginning of a season, and save it as a testing game. Then, run the same season 10 times, or 20, or 50, or 100... whatever you are comfortable with.... Then change only the offensive game plan to more running, and do it again. You'll see several changes to your stats, including but not limited to, less turnovers on offense, better 3rd down conversion, and better numbers across the board on defense.

I did a test across 15+ seasons at this point with a 100% run offense (the game will throw the ball in late game situations when you are behind, but you can minimize it), and I've been a top 10 defense every season... without great players or a great defensive gameplan. I just use 100% Cover 2.

Just my two cents for what it's worth... just remember to try before you buy.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote