View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 10:09 PM   #7
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
dola

The other thing is, accelerated night means a longer day. I think that's good for the game.

I don't really think that the day phase needs to be too much longer. As it is there are a lot of days where the discussion really dies down in the middle because there is no time pressure.

Also, going to no night deadlines and such is going to make it harder on people with certain time limitations. If you have to submit a night action at 3pm because you won't be able to check in again until the late evening you're really getting shafted in the change over. It also means that there isn't time to consider the repercussions of something like a duked lynch.

That's not to say I don't support cronin doing his simul day/night phase game. I think it'd be a really interesting experiment, but it's not something I think should be incorporated into every game.

To address Lathum's concern, I also don't like it when the night results are posted before the established deadline without the GM saying that is a possibility. If we have a night deadline and are going to allow people to change their night actions then the deadline needs to be a deadline. We can't have it so people submit their night actions thinking they might get to change them later and then have the rug pulled out from under them without warning. It might not come up often, but it's still a legitimate concern.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote