View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 12:46 AM   #565
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

March 25, 2014 (evening)

Our Reserves played a fitness friendly at Ryton,

A scoreless first half, but if Ryton could shoot straight we'd be behind by several. And 31 seconds into the second half they shot straight. Pearce Farren draws us level at 62'. Ryton goes back in front at 77'. They bury another shot after a turnover at 88'.

If we'd played any flatter, wait, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't even be possible. Got outshot 16-5 by a side that shouldn't have been able to stay on the pitch with even our 3rd and 4th string. Embarrassing for nearly everyone.

March 29, 2014
The transfer deadline for English clubs has passed.

Neither Carl Jones nor Wil Antwi are willing to agree to mutual termination. Phil Stevenson however is willing to go for a separation fee of $20. Let me see, we're paying you $8/wk and there's another 8-10 weeks of the season left ... yeah, that's fair by me. Best of luck young fellow. Stevenson appeared in 4 league matches over two seasons with an average rating of 5.97

Stuart Giddings wants first team football, that's just not likely to happen, especially after his last few performances in the first team. At 28 y/o and on a per appearance contract, he's just not in the future plans. I agree to let him go seek his fortune elsewhere. Giddings appeared in 29 matches for us over 3 seasons, tallying one assist, one MOM and a 6.71 average rating. He wasn't awful, he was just rarely above average either.

We terminate the trial of youth intake prospects DL Jimmy Parkinson, MC Mickey Duncan and AML Liam Care.